Found on Phoenix Craigslist. Had to pass it along.

G. Mann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK guys and gals... First, I have NO skin in this listing. But, the truck looks so nice, I had to pass it along.

Price is WAAAAyyyyyy out, considering.. but, if it's really the one of a kind, one owner, low miles, sweetheart the guy claims.. maybe... for cash.. cause no bank will loan on an older truck...

Anyway.. have a look.

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/wvl/hvo/4753208073.html

It even has cathouse red interior.. not faded... which is amazing in Arizona.. It had to be a garage queen..

G. Mann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If anyone is really interested in it, and needs someone to go have a hands on look at it for them, I volunteer my services. Just let me know.

I believe I have seen some other postings the seller has had. It seems to me he is a dealer that specializes in really cherry vehicles.. all with really cherry prices..

dunk

Dunce
Reaction score
Looks real nice inside and out... But $11,500 for a F-250 2wd with slushbox and no turbo? OK fair enough, but the "torque monster" part is false advertising. If this was a 4x4 with a D60 then maybe. ZF5 and turbo too? Definitely. For me that's a $1000 truck. Being a F-250 2wd a D60 is not even a simple bolt in deal. I'd wager around 5 grand to make it right, so if you got the time then maybe it's actually a $5k truck as I've found these are all $10k trucks when they're done proper.

madpogue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^^^^ +1; for that kind of scratch, for a usable truck, it better have two holes in the floor (4x4, 5-speed). It's only real value is as a cherry collector's item. The sun is harsh enough on red, interior and exterior, even up here; it must be murder in Phx. If someone wants that truck, and wants to pay that much, it would have to remain a garage queen / parade special.

Another '89 C6 ??!?!? Didn't most automatic '89s have E4DOAs?

Kistthesky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's 1,400 miles/year for 25 years with a. 5th wheel from sun city (senior citizen only community)? Hmmm, must have spent their summers in Prescott!

theguruat12

Certified Tinkerer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hot damn that thing is in cherry (haha, get it?) shape.

Tan interiors are bad down in AZ too, my truck was like powder when I got it. Jut got a garage-kept interior out of an 84 up here in Abq though :sly

lemonsalfetta

Reaction score
That is a clean truck but for $11.5 I'd buy something else. My question is does the seller have the service documentation to back up the mileage claim since that year truck doesn't register over 99,999 miles. Could be a very well cared for truck with 136K.

G. Mann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe he claims to have the supporting paperwork on the truck.. I have not gone to look at it.... yet..

At the price he is asking.. I would be a tire kicker... so no reason to just go to see it.. Anyone here interested enough, I'd be happy to have a look for them, take pictures, what ever your pleasure.

Kistthesky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The "torque monster" thing is ridiculous guy's obviously not familiar with diesel trucks.

dunk

Dunce
Reaction score
That is a clean truck but for $11.5 I'd buy something else. My question is does the seller have the service documentation to back up the mileage claim since that year truck doesn't register over 99,999 miles. Could be a very well cared for truck with 136K.

Does it really matter though? I looked for my truck for almost a year to find one within 500 miles that met my criteria. Miles is like color, doesn't even make my list. The hardest part about these trucks is just finding one that's decent enough to work with.

Kistthesky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does it really matter though? I looked for my truck for almost a year to find one within 500 miles that met my criteria. Miles is like color, doesn't even make my list. The hardest part about these trucks is just finding one that's decent enough to work with.

Should've just bought a 1 way ticket to the southwest, I found mine down there within a few days of looking!

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is an amazingly clean truck. I could have saved a lot of time and probably money at the asking price.

mu2bdriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What jumped out at me was the backpage pictures which listed the interest rate: 12.50% in May 1990.