ford f 350

paulw

paulw
Reaction score
hi I found a f350 on cl today.i went to look at it it has a veggie system on it it needs a lot of work the tailgate is bent and drivers side rear door is smashed in.the truck is missing the rear seat and looks like someone was in the truck butchering wires it is a 5 speed and it is not running.i don't know how to post pics he came down to 900 but after looking the truck over.i don't think its worth it.it is in Pittsburgh cl under isi the truck is black.

Attachments

• f350 1.jpg
    f350 1.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 51
  • f3502.jpg
    f3502.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 47
  • f350.jpg
    f350.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 52

mjs2011

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Depending on the shape of the engine and the quality of the wvo system, that would be well worth it if you could get it running.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

lindstromjd

Black Sheep
Reaction score
You could always part it out and scrap it for more than $900 though if you can't fix it... and wiring harnesses are easy to come by. I bet Towcat can get his hands on a full harness out of his scrap trucks, or any one of the members on here parting their trucks out in the marketplace.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Not worththe money. Way too many red flags just by the pics. Towcat wouldn't even pay scrape price for that. I'm betting the trans and clutch are shot too. Nobody took care of that rig Figure an engine. Complete fuel system. New belts and hoses. Trans overhaul and the clutch flywheel kit. Then brakes. Now think about the bodywork and don't forget to look under it seeing its a rust belt rig. Lastly the interior. Wanna add a turbo.. Well add another $1200.00 to all the "stuff". Anything I listed thats not in need or repair or replacement concider that a lucky spot. Then when you get all this done will it pass an inspection in your state. Is this an 88 or 98 rig.
P.S.. Look at the block under the right rear tire. Why you ask... Now look at the air filter housing. See the the pool of rain water and how its on the down slope side from the right rear corner of the truck thats up on blocks. I'm betting the engine has rain water in the cylinders and its froze up solid. I do see the filter cover rubber washer but I also see the cowl vent weather strip broken and leaking rain water right on top of the filter cover. Thats a common problem with these trucks. It rains hard and you find the engine is hydrolocked in the morning ...

paulw

paulw
Reaction score
I was thinking the same about that the truck has sat for two years .if it would need an engine I have an extra one but that is a lot of work I did the one in my other truck and yes it is an 88.guess I should of said something about that. the guy is saying the clutch had been replaced and it has around 5000 miles on it and looks like they have the fuel lines going to the front tank.for the veggie thing I know there is a big fuel filter right under the corner of the cab.the guys says it needs a injection pump I didn't look to see how many miles was on the truck .I like the opinons of you guys that's why I was asking.thanks very much

chris142

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your always better off paying more for a better truck than buying a cheap one that needs lots if work.

Knuckledragger

blowing chunks and grabbing porcelain
Reaction score
What the heck is on top of the fuel filter head? Offer $400 and not a penny more if you are at all interested, being prepared to part it out if things go south. Otherwise, keep looking.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
That thing on the oem filter head is some designed cut support for the electric fuel pump. That sign looking thing on the front of the truck looks like whats on the filter. Maybe something about I buy vegetable oil...:dunno Well at least you know it has a new clutch but what kind and you know it needs an injection pump. So why did it get parked 2 years ago and was the license kept up. I'm going to make a guess the owner fubared the fuel system because it was not taken care of and now its full of crap. So it got parked.

paulw

paulw
Reaction score
your are right gary the thing is looks like some kind of fuel pump where the fuel filter would normally go.there is a fuel filter under the truck and the clutch is a good question the guy told me he has been converting diesels to veg fuel for a bout ten years.i guess the wiring I seen he said that the computer for the veggie system is what I seen I think im just going to save up some money and get a better truck.i really do not need it the one I have does what I need for me .I just wanted a truck with 4 doors because sometimes I cannot haul every one and we have to take two rides.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online