Finally!!

Large Marge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got my starter, fuel filter and gp bypass switch, and it's finally going to be nice enough out to get her running again. Soooo excited!! I got the batteries out and going to charge them today.
I've got the directions off here for the gp bypass and a few tips about installation of new fuel filter. Anything else I greatly appreciate it this is the only place I go to for advice.

1989 F250 7.3idi 95,000!!

Large Marge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The truck hasn't ran in a few months since I was waiting on the starter. Everyone says to put atf in the new filter and start it, let it run a minute then let it sit overnite. Since it hasn't run in awhile should I skip the atf?

Large Marge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What I mean is should I get her warmed up first then change the filter? I knw that sounds dumb, but I just want to make sure I do it right.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, just start it up if it will start and run OK, if it runs rough, then change the filter and do the ATF in the filter, make sure when you put the ATF in the filter that you pour it in the outside small holes then it passes thru the filter media, any small amount of dirt in the center hole will effect the IP and or injectors.

Large Marge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The water separator has a leak at the drain, so that is why I was going to put in the wix filter. Everyone also says after you do atf and let sit overnight, you drive it like crazy the next day. How long do I have to drive it? Like a hour or so? Like I said I just want to do it right.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Just drive it harder than usual for whatever time you have. It will clean out and wash off the crap that builds up running the poor quality fuels these days. No way you can do it wrong. Maybe hammer it when you get on a freeway more than normal. hold it in 1st or second gear longer so it revs up more than usually revs.

Large Marge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip bud! I wanted to make sure I worked the atf through the system real good without over doing it plus we all knw that diesel isn't cheap!!
Just to make sure I'm reading right, when I run the gp bypass switch one wire goes from momentary switch to the gp controller, and the other wire from the switch goes to a good ground in the cab right??

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828

Members online

No members online now.