Finally some good news (long)

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some of you are aware of my situation with low oil pressure in my truck. I had removed my engine 2 months ago and at that time i installed new oil pump main and rod bearings.Then i started the truck and the oil pressure was great and i thought job well done. That was until I went to move it and realized that i had destoyed my TOB so i then separated the motor from the tranny and put in a throw out bearing as well as the clutch mas cylinder and slave cylinder. Then the truck wouldnt start because we crushed the line running to the lift pump and it wasnt getting fuel. We also crushed a brake line.
When we finally got the truck running agian the oil pressure was low (3LBS as per my mech gauge)
I was pissed
Then everyone reccomended that i check my oil cooler header, the price was 285 dollars so i drove my other truck for a while and then finally bought the new part.

Heres the good part: My low oil pressure was caused by the relief valve being stuck open so it wasnt money wasted and tommorrow i will have my truck running again.

I would like to thank everyone that helped me and apologize for the long post

Matt

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I'm sure I can speak for everyone of us when I say I'm glad for you that it wasn't your rod and main bearings again and that you don't have to dump your diesel or do that job again. Man they have you over a barrel with those dealer only parts, and you just have to suck it up sometimes sorry to say. Good luck with it,
J.D.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Most here don't know about replacing the rear oil cooler header because the spring and plunger usually are worn out. Think how many times this part sees oil pressure and has to open and close just to maintain oil pressure. I took one apart and found the spring worn almost in half on the coils. No way that could maintain good oil pressure after rods and mains replacement. DAS will only replace the header if you ask for in and you get to pay $430.25 Cnd or $379.54 US. :eek: No repair parts for us but the psd header can be repaired. It even has a snap ring holding it in the header where ours are staked into the aluminum casting.

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I'm sure I can speak for everyone of us when I say I'm glad for you that it wasn't your rod and main bearings again and that you don't have to dump your diesel or do that job again.

Yep.:thumbsup: Glad that turned out for the best.

Exekiel69

Reaction score
icanfixall said:
Most here don't know about replacing the rear oil cooler header because the spring and plunger usually are worn out. Think how many times this part sees oil pressure and has to open and close just to maintain oil pressure. I took one apart and found the spring worn almost in half on the coils. No way that could maintain good oil pressure after rods and mains replacement. DAS will only replace the header if you ask for in and you get to pay $430.25 Cnd or $379.54 US. :eek: No repair parts for us but the psd header can be repaired. It even has a snap ring holding it in the header where ours are staked into the aluminum casting.

and no one but ford has them?

Thank you.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Yeah.... No one but Ford. I just bought one today from Ford Parts Online (bob utter ford in sherman texas) at a cost of $264.40. They have the turbo oil cooler bundles for $368.32. I bought one of those too... Wifes in Rome Italy on vacation so I'm haveing a great time building my das clone motor with ALL THE RIGHT STUFF. No questions needed to be asked by anyone here.... What she doesn't know wont hurt her... ;Sweet :Sly :rotflmao

EvergreenRanch

In Transition
Reaction score
im glad to hear it! it did seem kinda dicey there for awhile so im very glad that things are turning out well for you! there trucks are great once you take care of all the wear and tear a P.O. or (if your lucky enough to be original owner) you have put on it.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Guys... I'm lucky... The wife never looks in the check book. She just uses the ATM card and doesn't care if theres money in the bank or not. Sometimes I need to advise her that "WE" are kinda low on funds and she slows down the debting. Most of the time she is buying lunch or gas but sometimes she buys carrots for the horses on the card..... No big expense... :rotflmao

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin