Finally. A way to install new synthetic rubber O-rings on injectors

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Every since the new fuels started to eat the older style O-rings like candy, the new material O-rings are a mixed blessing. They are more resistant to degradation to the new fuels, but they are not as pliable and certainly much more sensitive to damage on installation. here's my solution. Take 3" of 1/2"id x 5/6" od pvc hose, clear or opaque doesn't matter and slit one end roughly 1" down the length of the hose. The goal is to collapse one end of the hose tight enough to fit the O-ring around the outer diameter of the hose. The PVC hose serves two purposes. One. enlarge the o-ring wide enough to be installed on the injector, and two. keep the threaded part on the top of the injector from damaging the o-ring. Warning, do not leave o-ring on the tube for an extended period of time(like overnite). The o-ring will now take on it's new stretched form and not shrink back down to it's orig size. I'll let the pictures do the talking.....

You must be registered for see images attach

DaveBen

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice trick Towcat! I'll bet it makes a LOT easier to get the o-rings on. :thumbsup:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online