Finally, a little bit of good news.

160k87F250

not rocket science
Reaction score
Since i'm not working at the moment, and I can now move around, I decided to get back to work on a spare engine I had for my truck. While digging around cleaning the block for a repaint, I noticed that it is a factory turbo block!!! ;Sweet Works out perfect, since Im gonna add an ATS turbo when I install this engine. Hope to have it all done by rally time, next year!! :D

John

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
Get to it buddy! Might want to fix that jeep axle to while you are at it.

92F350CC

Ford Man
Reaction score
While it's down you should install a panoramic sunroof....

....for viewing fireworks LOL

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good plan John. Are you going to completely tear it down and rebuild it or give it a good inspection and run it?

Once you get the turbo on there......... you gonna get an even bigger camper?LOL

Heath

Last edited:

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Nice extra find on the block but... The only true way to know if the block has the turbo rods is to open it up. At least remove the oil pan.. If this engine has an oil pan gasket be sure to remove it. Otherwise you will be seeing leaks. The rubber or cork pan gaskets never seal well and they are an aftermarket only idea. Someone wants to sell you something you don't need in a gasket kit. Pulling the pan is how you can see the rod part numbers. We can tell you what they should be. Also what is the serial number on the block. The stamped number up by the injection pump gear cover should be above 1,116,331. All the 7.3 non turbo blocks were below that number and they started at 500,079 and went up to 1,116,330... Hope this helps out those looking for numbers. Actually the casting numbers on the blocks have either a C1 for non turbo or C3 for a turbo block cast into them.... Now you guys know it all about the blocks.... Knowledge is power when your buying or looking for something...

160k87F250

not rocket science
Reaction score
casting number ends in c3. serial number is 1187962. I have already pulled the pan and resealed it with rtv, dont feel like pulling it back off again. lol.

Im just resealing, cleaning, and painting. This is EZ's old engine, has around 40 -50k miles on it. Nice and clean inside, bearings showed very little wear. An excellent and affordable replacement for my tired 298k 7.3 non-turbo.

John

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
placidoert

Members online