Filter to IP delete 90 question?

yotekiller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I feel kinda stupid in a way, got this delete.kit on and truck.fired up and noticed it was leaking at the 90 and was like dang, no matter which way i start the 90 it tightens in that area, now i thought well maybe i needed thread tape .
figured that was a bad idea seeing how i do not want anything sucked into the IP.
The factory 90only screwed in 1/4 that i could tell any further and i will strip threads, in this position its hand snug(im pretty hand strong) i tried starting it at 6oclock; 12oclock 3oclock positions etc
Any advice? Rude comments lol

Attachments

• 20220524_151910.jpg
    20220524_151910.jpg
    226.5 KB · Views: 22

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd use thread tape or pipe dope. Just make sure it's only on the threads, and if a little gets in there I'm sure the truck will eat it.

yotekiller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats what we will try and see if it tightens up any. I wouldn't feel so bad if i was completely mechanically inept but geesh..

Thanks Jesus Freak

yotekiller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats a no go still loose. At least the delete kit looks pretty hooked up lol

yotekiller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Little update*
I got ballsy and remembering how the lift pump to.filter head did the same thing i took my crescent wrench and turned that 90 on around and so far no leaks

Farmer Rock

just a fella' without a 10mm socket
Reaction score
So, you didn't put a wrench on it until now?
Unless you got 8 inch crescent wrenches for hands, you ain't hand strong enough,lol

Rock

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unless you got 8 inch crescent wrenches for hands, you ain't hand strong enough,lol

Rock
Yeah, I assumed you did a bit of wrenching on it. I would have said that to, NPT does need a bit of leverage.

yotekiller

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Seeing how the factory 90 was in only so far i took it as that was as far as it would go, didn't want to.screw up any threads by cranking on it. And the way i had it in the pic was tight i just needed to turn it one more turn on around so it would line up.. i was using caution not like i have several filter heads laying around lol.. im beginning to see the needs for a parts building with these things

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey, since I got my truck 5or 6 yrs ago I've accumulated a bunch of extra stuff for it. Just in case.......ya know.......they don't make these anymore......I've got a couple filter heads myself.

Old Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you bought the kit from Russ, it is Push-Loc hose,
you do not need Hose Clamps, if you are thinking of installing them.
I had to go out and look at Filter Head to see how it is attached compared to yours. Exactly the same.
I may have used some pipe dope, don`t remember. Yeah, just on the threads so it doesn`t get into the system, especially if you use tape.

X2, can`t have too many spare parts, as these trucks get older and older, won`t be able to find them in the yards to
r a p e parts.
I can see it now, when I kick off and my Daughter/SIL come over to clean out the place... why did Dad have all this junk.
They will haul it off to the Dump. :dunno

Goat

yotekiller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Never use tape. Its evil.
I thought that through, thinking if a small pc gets sucked in the pump im toast.. it was a simple fix i just needed to do another revolution with the 90.. Thanks again for the kit typ4

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online