Fancy return line setup

82fordtruck

Reaction score
Well, I did my gp's, and now it's time to do the return lines. Whoops.

Both the injector lines I had to remove are leaking now.

I am going to attempt to just tighten them a bit and see if it stops, but we'll see. It is starting and immediately dying first thing in the morning,a dn it's pretty wet around those ines.

Which set is the best to go with?

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are you asking who makes the best return line kit? I think the difference hardly worth debating. They are all about the same, although the quality of the hose may vary slightly.

82fordtruck

Reaction score
Yes, that is what I was asking.

Are there any companies out there that do it any better than International did - like metal return caps, or braided lines that thread on or something like that?

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
About the only difference is if you get cloth covered hose or not. I think the kits DIS sells use the cloth hose, but I'm not sure.

imfixinmopars

Full Access Member
Reaction score
look closely,it might be the injector caps leaking at the o rings,mine is.84 6.9,what a honey,lol

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the line is leaking and the fuel isn't going in the injector, well yes.

82fordtruck

Reaction score
I deon't think i did that. It starts, then dies immediately. After cranking for a while, it will finally start, and it runs like a top the rest of the day, no miss at all.

I'll have to get the return setup after I get over the flu. Stuck in bed with a fever now.

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
82fordtruck said:
I deon't think i did that. It starts, then dies immediately. After cranking for a while, it will finally start, and it runs like a top the rest of the day, no miss at all.

I'll have to get the return setup after I get over the flu. Stuck in bed with a fever now.

If you have a leak in a return line, it will do the same thing as an old gasser when the carburetor lets the gas bleed back to the tank.

It will fire on the fuel that is in the injector lines and run on that until it is gone; then, behind this fuel is air that will have to bleed out until more fuel comes up.

Even with the engine shut-off, fuel is siphoning through the filter and returning to the tank.

I know this sounds crazy; but, if you don't believe me, take loose a return line and lay it in a five gallon bucket and see how quick it fills up.

82fordtruck

Reaction score
I believe you. That's exactly what it's doing.

Well, the medicine finally got rid of the fever, so I feel pretty good, but I left work at noon yesterday, and was told not to go back by the doc until monday.

I guess it's good that I still had some vacation time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online