Fan diameter

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
Was there only one fan diameter for the IDI's?? I have a 460 rad in my 92 but the fan is a touch to big for the fan 460 shroud....I'd like to use it if possible or I will have to make a custom shroud....I only have a gasser rad support so there is no room for a deep diesel rad...I have a brand new Allstar Performance aluminum racing rad here for the truck too....Still in the box but so far the stock 460 rad has worked just fine with a locked up fan.;Sweet

itsacrazyasian

residentcrazyasian
Reaction score
Mine was just fine with a HD 460 brass/copper radiator with a big crown vic fan on it. Even with the turbo and towing. I hate the fact that i lost almost 1 mpg with the mechanical fan from the electric. So, how about going to electric instead of the mechanical?

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
Did the fan blade bolt to the IDI clutch???....That would be sweet if that is the case....I can hit my buddy's junkyard and look for a fan. I also have a 95 Lincoln MVII here that I'm junking for the 32V DOHC 4.6, it's supposed to have a high flow electric fan....Might be worth a DIY test for ***** and giggles.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online