Fairfield PickNPull Heads-up

Petri317

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was at the PicknPull in Fairfield today getting a few body/trim parts when I spotted 3 IDI's in the yard:

IDI 1: 86 F250 6.9 4x4 Auto. The transmission was still on it, but the motor was thrashed. No heads, rust and leaves in the cylinders but the pistons looked good (no pitting on the ones I looked at) This truck previously has an old style ATS turbo and crossover pipes, a complete 3" system, and the manifolds were still there. The IP gear housing with tach sensor provision was also still there. The truck also had aftermarket rear overload springs (which I wanted, but didn't have the tools to take off.) The exterior and interior are toast, but those parts may be of value to someone.

IDI 2: 88-91 F250 4x4 7.3 Manual. Beat up, exterior and interior toast. No transmision. Complete 7.3-the injection lines. Radiator, IP, Glow plug harness are all still there. Also used to have a turbo, old ATS or square Banks. Lower air filter housing and some other pipes are still there. Just a note, there was a thick layer of oil/dirt covering the engine.

IDI 3:83-86 6.9. Didn't look much at it. The front of the engine was half out of the truck. I guess the guy(s) who tried to pull it out realized it didn't weigh the same as a 302. LOL

I also saw my old beat up blue 84 f250 4x4 that donated it's 6.9 and T19 to my 89. It doesn't have any diesel parts of value, I made sure of that before junking it. It's in truck heaven now. :angel:

NapaBavarian

Dually driver 6.9
Reaction score
That 5 speed truck had my ears pearked untill you said transmission gone!

EvergreenRanch

In Transition
Reaction score
i was in napa yesterday and saw several IDI's....most notably a rather clean looking *i think* blue grey twotone with an aftermarket rear bumper. it was right outside calistoga on my way into town from berryessa.......anyone we know?

NapaBavarian

Dually driver 6.9
Reaction score
There is a regular cab long bed late model truck that might fit that description, but with so many IDIs in this valley it is hard to tell

EvergreenRanch

In Transition
Reaction score
good deal. well if you see someone who resembles me up there, give a honk and holler....ill be up there pretty frequently.....ive gotten a taste for Lake Berryessa and the little lady LOVES napa.

Petri317

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I saw a regular cab blue 92-94 IDI 4x4 w/ turbo and lift kit today in South Napa (Imola). Nice truck :hail ...don't know if he's a member or not. Evergreen, If I see you I'll give you a honk (albeit, from a Nissan Altima. :puke: Still putting the finishing touches on my truck.) I too see a lot of IDI's in the valley, but rarely in cherry condition like your truck. Most I see are work trucks that are a little rough around the edges. These IDI's sure take a lickin and keep on tickin!

NapaBavarian: I don't know if your truck is a 4x4 or not, but I have a 4x4 ZF5 that has a cracked bellhousing and is missing a couple small shifter pieces (when my stupid friend hastily removed it. I was going to use it in my truck, but project time contsraints and $$ ( for a SMF and clutch)prevented that. I was going to save it for later, but am willing to part with it for a reasonable price (considering it's issues.)

Petri317

Full Access Member
Reaction score
h2odrx: The turbo parts were just crossover pipes, downpipes, etc. The 86 had a 3" exhaust system on it. The really valuable turbo stuff was all gone. What stuff do you need?

mainiac

Reaction score
Any of those trucks have a diesel tach and sensor in them?

Petri317

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 7.3 still had the tach sensor on it, while the 6.9 just has the provision for it on the IP Gear cover.

h2odrx

Anti-O
Reaction score
Petri317 said:
h2odrx: The turbo parts were just crossover pipes, downpipes, etc. The 86 had a 3" exhaust system on it. The really valuable turbo stuff was all gone. What stuff do you need?

I'll take parts in good shape, and good price? the yards here don't have much and any part will be one less i need to get?
thanks
dwight

mainiac

Reaction score
Petri317 said:
The 7.3 still had the tach sensor on it, while the 6.9 just has the provision for it on the IP Gear cover.
Was there a tachometer in the dash, that was what I really wanted to ask. :)

Petri317

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It may have at one point, but the tash was all torn apart (probably by some idiot who destroyed 20 good parts trying to get at 1 specific part!) and no gauges were present.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin