Fair price for a P-pump Cummins bolted to NV4500??

ocnorb

IDIT
Reaction score
Ok, guys I need your input here.

I know a guy with a 1995 P-pumped 12 valve hooked to a NV4500. It has 217K miles on it. The combo runs good, has a fuel plate, but is otherwise all stock. He has asked me to make him an offer. It also includes the intercooler and a few other parts that I probably won't use.

There are a few other P-pump motors for sale around here, but they are missing the turbos and they still want $3K for them.

What would you consider a good fair price for both parties??

FordGuy100

Reaction score
$2000

But I am in the land of cheap cummins (ranch trucks used and abused till they fall apart then they sell the drivetrain).

ocnorb

IDIT
Reaction score
Went and looked at it... drove it actually. Starts good, shifts good, pulls good, etc... leaks oil like nobodies business. Turbo has a little more than normal play in it.

Made him an offer about double what F100dude said and he seemed insulted. ???? I guess we will see if he calls me back.

Last edited:

ocnorb

IDIT
Reaction score
Ok. Funny- he called me while I was typing the above. Wants $250 more than I offered. Told him I would call him tomorrow and let him know.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
I was thinking this was just engine/tranny. For the whole truck? If thats the case then yes at least double what I sayed.

ocnorb

IDIT
Reaction score
The truck is pretty clapped out, but its still drive-able.

He replaced the valve cover gaskets, but it still leaks bad. I tried to see where it was coming from, but couldn't really tell as it was pretty much covered in goo. Maybe the oil cooler or the lifter box cover?? Is there common leak points on these?

If I pull the motor/trans what kind of market is there for the axles and other parts? It has 3.54 Dana 80 rear and Dana 60 sucko vacuum disco front end. Trying to figure out what my total cost would be.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726