factory turbo w/ turbo IP on Ebay

zigg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dunno, the hair on the back of my neck is standing on end!?

It says remanufactured with 0 miles, but also says it's off a truck that they're dismantling. Why would it have been mounted on an engine, then not run?

The wheel looks to have a couple nicks in it, and they have a little disclaimer saying that it's due to "focus"....

I'm a bit skeptical...

and his price is certainly high for a starting bid. I've seen quite of few of these go for more like $600-$800 or so.

Pump "appears" to be rebuilt? Don't get how you can tell if a pump is rebuilt from the outside by it's appearance...

Things that make you say Hmmmmm.......

Zigg :)

SKimballC

Reaction score
I took it as having been rebuilt after being pulled from the truck. As long as being rebuilt doesn't merely include a trip through the parts washer, of course. That is weird about the "over focus" disclaimer on that photo of the wheel. I'd love to find a factory turbo for $600-$800. That's what i sold the non-wastegated ATS off my old truck for($800) when i parted it out. Apparently he knows he wants $1200 for it. Having a turbo pump even for a rebuildable core is just gravy IF the things truly and properly rebuilt.

Mr_Roboto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe the bit about the jagged line on the turbo fins. In my experience, digital cameras have real problems rendering perfectly straight lines correctly, they show up jagged like in the picture. I took dozens of pictures of my old van, and the running boards would always appear jagged like that, regardless of the resolution I used.

The price doesn't seem all that bad, it seems like they put a lot of effort into selling a complete setup. I've seen a lot of turbo setups go cheaper, but they always seem to be missing parts that more than make up the difference.

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
I gotta agree on the jagged line bit also. Heck even the ink stamping is still on the fins.
Wished I had the clams to set that one on the Beef.:confused: