F350 with 460 or F250 with 7.3 idi

Ethanlogan99

Reaction score
Both trucks are 2x4?
Either one have a limited slip rear diff?
IF you need a 4x its worth it to go there, they do not make it worth wile if you only lock in the hubs 3 times a year.
Whats the guys on the ranch telling you?
Out here we are kinda proud of our trucks' but ya'll back home USE your trucks as trucks more.
Need versus want... Hauling towing dragging stuff , or just getting a case of oil and groceries.

When I was yer age my first rig was a 66 f-100.
Never owned anything but trucks( I dont count the fleet of air cooled vw's as I spent as much time walking/wrenching as driving) whats mom/dad say?

Seeing your other post,,, a minni truck!
Look at the yotas
My 83 has 250+ on the chassis
Daily drive it and do the rubicon trail twice a year.
You wont get a decent yota for 90's ford $$$ tho.

Well I'll pull a little, nothing too heavy. Biggest is a goose neck cattle trailer (16ft or 18ft) with about 5 or 6 calves at a time. Probably just twice a year though. About 500 to 1000 lbs of bags of cattle feed. That will be pretty often though. Other than that pulling the hunting trailer with decoys and an atv in it too. I won't pull a ton, but I'd kinda like to work on a diesel, but a cummins and powerstroke will kill my wallet. Duramax will be way out of my budget too. I did some homework on idi's and the biggest thing I saw was adding the cooling addative to prevent cavitation, otherwise you'll be paying for a new motor. Parts seem pretty cheap for these. Cheap enough that it doesn't come close to the same amount of $$ that you would spend on gas with a 460.

On a side note, would a 93-96 f150 with the 5.0 302 in it be better? I think that's a 9th generation of the f150?