F250 front end

bird hunter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Recently my F-250 in my sig has been having a bit of a shimmy while driving and tires are starting to cup a little bit. Shimmy is worse from 45-55 mph. Today I went for a half hour ride and it got a little worse. When I got home I felt both front hubs and the driver side hub was super hot, like it would burn your skin if you left your hand on it.

Is this a wheel bearing that failed?? I suppose this is also a good time to do the ball joints as I think they are original??

I was also thinking about installing urethane axle pivot bushing and sway bar bushings to tighten it up. I've done sway bar bushings, is the pivot bushing easy or hard to do??

Anything else I should check out?

Thank you all in advance.

Optikalillushun

Reaction score
Certainly sounds like it. Best to remove the rotor/hub and inspect, look for a bluish color on the race and bearing, smell the grease and if its especially thick and sticky.

As for the other items, check them before u replace...unless u wanna spend the money and time. Axle pivot bushings can be R/R'd with a ball joint press, so if u do the ball joints just keep the tool for them. There are a few write ups on the procedure's and make sure if ya go deep into it to rent the ball joint tool, slide hammer and spindle tools.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online