Exhaust Options

lazermule

Reaction score
So what is everybody running for exhaust on their 24v's? I have a full Volant system, nice bright shiny stainless system that I got from them but it doesn't fit my truck as it is for the 2003 and up common rail. I'd like to sell the Volant system and get one that bolts onto my 2002 but looking to see who has had good luck with what.

The Volant is a great looking system, but they don't make one for the 24v or I would probably go that way. I only have modest mods, and am really looking for some more sound and increased MPG.

Thanks,

chandler583

Reaction score
I could not tell ya, my father has stock exhaust and everyone at my high school just chops the muffler off.

jcmoyer2004

Reaction score
well i think you would be really happy with a 4" straight exhaust with a 6" tip. sounds great with great performance. you can find a good 4" exhaust system really reasonable. i personally love my stacks but that is just my preference

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
a good 4inch with or without the muffler will do you just fine. I like the sound that I get from a straight pipped system - the turbo does a very good job of chopping up the sound and with out the muffler you get the nice turbo sound out the end. MBRP makes a good system that is reasonably priced.

rebel_horseman

Rt. Wing Extremist
Reaction score
I ran a MBRP on my Stroke and liked the fit and finish of the system and the sound was great. The price was definitely reasonable. You don't have your location filled out, but unless you live in the snow belt where the roads get salted then you don't need stainless. I like a straight pipe, others don't so it's strictly your preference.