Engine siezed

Exekiel69

Reaction score
Hey where is the fun if it goes allways :number2 smooth? :D

I'm happy you dont have to concentrate on that now and you can keep going forward on your plan ;Sweet .

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
After disassembling things again last night, and studying the problem, I'm still at a loss as to what went wrong. I did notice the converter seemed to have a bit of wiggle in it, but after removing the converter, trying it on, wiggling, and repeating 3 times, I finally came to the conclusion that nothing felt any different, so I bolted the trans back up and it all turns fine. cookoo Now I'm just crossing my fingers that I didn't jam anything up.

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
Agnem said:
After disassembling things again last night, and studying the problem, I'm still at a loss as to what went wrong. I did notice the converter seemed to have a bit of wiggle in it, but after removing the converter, trying it on, wiggling, and repeating 3 times, I finally came to the conclusion that nothing felt any different, so I bolted the trans back up and it all turns fine. cookoo Now I'm just crossing my fingers that I didn't jam anything up.

Did you use a wedge or something to hold the flywheel while tightening the TC bolts?You did remove the wedge the first go around right :drunk:

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
That stinks Mel,

When I got the Beef she was in the same boat. Some PB and a couple of hours was all it needed for being parked for 2 years. Opened up the GP pipes and all the crud came out. Only a rust discoloration was seen on the cylinder wall that had held water for some time was seen. That was after the HG replacement failure. :mad: Remember?
She didn't really drink any oil considering the 264k on the motor either. I think tho it was just a lucky gamble. But for $500 bucks, I couldn't lose too much. :rolleyes:

But hey my head is above my namesake today so reading a little further on would give me a better clue that a PB enema would be a pretty dang funny site no matter who ya are. :D :rotflmao

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
placidoert

Members online