Engine oil bypass centrifuge

bab029

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm looking at doing this some time like the big OTR trucks. Anyone else done it. I'm looking at the spinner II model 25.

CDX825

filtration nut
Reaction score
I think you would be better off with a bypass filter. Seems like most of the centrifuges Ive seen are rated to operate at 80-100 PSI.

Seeing as how our engines only operate at about 40 PSI I don't know how much good one would do. Plus they require a good volume of oil to run.

I could be wrong though but it would be interesting to see a used oil analysis of an IDI running a centrifuge.

yARIC008

Drives really slow
Reaction score
I agree, i don't think you'd have enough pressure to run one unless you installed some sort of aux pump to pressure the oil through the thing. I imagine it could be done but the bypass filters from Amsoil are way cheaper and would be much easier to install. For the dieselcraft centrifuge you're looking at $900 minimum then you have to get the thing high enough to gravity drain back to the engine. The Amsoil filter you're looking at $200 and you can mount it anywhere.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
The centerfuge ads like to tout how clean they get stuff, but what they dont say UP FRONT, but you will find in all of their literature if you dig deep enough is that those cleanliness figures are attained through multiple passes. THis may work fine for filtering industrial chemicals in fixed batches that are not being exposed to constant re contamination, but in an engine that is being exposed to constant recontamination with each stroke of each piston, the things are ill-effective at keeping up with the problem. You are far better off with a bypass filter. There are many good ones available on the market. The amsoil ones are great. If you have a big truck boneyard nearby, you can scavange an add on lubrifiner unit for not too much, some newer trucks even have spin on lubrifiner spin on units that are bolt on units that you can get cheap used ( you wouldnlt want to buy one new $$$ )

PwrSmoke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also Google the Racor ABS system, the smallest size they offer is just perfect. The ABS system gives you the choice of 10, 5 and 3 micron absolute filter elements and these filters will absorb a certain amount of water and oxidation byproducts. I have on on my truck now

Look Here: http://www.parker.com/literature/Racor/7480H_Catalog_Lubrication_Filtration_April_2010.pdf

The pics show the Racor ABS mounted on my truck and the ABS next to the Racor LFS it replaced. The feed line can be connected to one of several ports, thebest probably being the one bown near the bellhousing. The retunr cango to the port at the front of the head, the allen head plug just above the block deck.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Which setup from Amsoil should I be looking at?

The best setup with the amsoil bypass is a single bypass filter, but as a kit they can be a bit pricy, I have a way to get them down a whole lot cheaper

A person could use teh PSD dual remote kit but that thing is $$$

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dented73

Members online