engine missing bad

gushaman

Diesel Novice
Reaction score
i'll call later. I am wondering if thier is any definitive way to tell whether its the fuel pump or the IP. I do seem to have a pool of diesel in the valley pan most times, and I just replaced the cdr with a used one, but i couldnt get the cdr riser tube out of the pan so I just pushed it in and bolted it up.

gushaman

Diesel Novice
Reaction score
what is the difference between the straight arm pumps and the crooked arm pumps? the crooked arm seems like an easier install, does it matter which one i get?

jonathan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what is the difference between the straight arm pumps and the crooked arm pumps? the crooked arm seems like an easier install, does it matter which one i get?

i would go with a e pump. it makes it easier to bleed air out of the fuel lines

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score

There both the same, just a different design. Just make sure the arm is under the cam. Turn the engine over until the low side of the cam is at the bottom, easier to install.

gushaman

Diesel Novice
Reaction score
Well I took the truck into diesel power here in nashville,tn. Zero compression in number three cylinder. Not sure if I want to take the head off and deal with replacing studs and all that to find out what's wrong exactly. I may be going back to a gasser if I can get anything for this truck. I just put in new booster and master, new alternator, new batteries, new power steering pump and gearbox

gushaman

Diesel Novice
Reaction score
Well that's good but in my experience there's always a few exhaust bolts atleast and possibly other bolts that will break
Code:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online