Engine light????????????

HOIB

MYRMIDON
Reaction score
Started my truck at work yesterday am and light came on, I thought it was a reminder (21000 miles) for a service. Well went to brush fire, left scene, light still on picked up short woman. Stared truck at her house LIGHT does not come back on and hasn't since----
did I in my infinet wisdom do something stupid during the starting sequence at woik in the AM----will take truck in for 22000 mile service.

TIA

Last edited:

holtzer1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no such thing a 21 or 22 mile service.
have it scanned, theres a code stored in the computer...find out whats wrong.

lschultz

Reaction score
Cistern,Tx-2.3 miles outs of ofs highway in Fayett
Herb did you not learn your lession the first time with women? Or is it the woman or you?
I assume up yonder where you are at that it is cold. When you went to start it did you let your grid heater light go out you know the ~ symbol. These you puter controlled ones might have something in there thats sets a code if you don't let it go thru its sequence. Theres a way to check the codes by cycling the key but its probably changed on the 06's. If you got a good dealer have them check the codes and they should not charge for it.

Doggy Daddy

Reaction score
Hey 616, did you ever figure it out?

If you turn the key on, off, on, off, on without starting the engine it should display the code (if any) on the odometer. Do you have any electronics added to the engine?

HOIB

MYRMIDON
Reaction score
Hey 616, did you ever figure it out?

If you turn the key on, off, on, off, on without starting the engine it should display the code (if any) on the odometer. Do you have any electronics added to the engine?

Nope never did, haven't tried the the code thing yet---workin and trying to get some huntin in, so I'll prolly wait till after the holidays to take er in. Needs erl changed anywho, Thanks Doggy Daddy

HOIB

MYRMIDON
Reaction score
REPORT:
I ignored the check engine light till it came on a second time ---off to the vet, had oil changed, fuel filter changed and it had some code. as of now she starts better and no more lights--don't know what code was

lschultz

Reaction score
Cistern,Tx-2.3 miles outs of ofs highway in Fayett
Conclusion:
So you actually did not accomplish nothing? You do not know what the code was? I am :confused: I did not know the Vet changed oil and fuel filters. Maybe you had a dirty fuel filter. How many miles were on this fuel filter? Herb you need to get your mind off this short woman and pay more attention to your truck and what you are or not doing. Is this how you treat your patients?

HOIB

MYRMIDON
Reaction score
Larry, I treat my PTs better than myself or anything else.
Prolly should have asked what the code was.
24000 miles on fuel filter and I have my erl changed at 7000 or around there, at a stealership

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828