Engine assembly

boogieman13ie

Reaction score
Just wanted to see if anybody has a link with video or photos for guide lines on how to assemble back the 7.3 idi engine

Sent from my LGMP450 using Tapatalk

ah1988ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score

genscripter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On my website, I have a lot of pictures and step by step of my rebuilds and swaps. www.nickpisca.com/diesel

I'm working on a dedicated rebuild article, but it won't be done until I finish my recent engine swap at the moment. But all the subsections (piston rings, head gaskets, torque specs, crank bearings, etc.) are already on there.

Knuckledragger

blowing chunks and grabbing porcelain
Reaction score
Are you looking for something in particular? Have you ever assembled a V-8 engine? If so, it is little different. If not, there is plenty of information in the forums here, including most torque and gap specs. There are very few secrets for the novice, dang few surprises. The big one is just how heavy these engines really are. Twice the weight of a big block Chevy/Ford gas engine. A Horrible Fright engine stand will hold one, but do not try to do assembly on it.

Robm45497

Reaction score
i assembled my engine on a harbor freight stand. It was a pain to rotate but it worked.
You must be registered for see images

Robm45497

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
stand was strong enough

genscripter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i assembled my engine on a harbor freight stand. It was a pain to rotate but it worked.

I had one too. Definitely hard to turn. I put a 4-ft steel pipe on the handle bar, and would turn it with that.

Once I had the heads on, the engine wouldn't turn at all. I bent the Harbor Freight handle. I ended up using my shop crane and turn the engine with the motor mount brackets and eye-hooks on the intake manifold.

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ive got two 3 wheel stands that I use to build my engines, ill see if I can dig up a pic, one bolts to the front cover the other to the adapter plate.

Robm45497

Reaction score
Sorry here’s the manual you want
It will give you everything you need

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726