Electrical wiring diagram help

yotekiller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So here is another issue i need to fix, truck was this way when i got it.
Both go to the drivers side negative cable.. i looked in the wire loom above drivers headlight could not find a cut wire ..
Any ideas/thoughts?
I did find that both grounds are attached with screws on each side.. so this have me puzzled.

Attachments

• 20220423_185643.jpg
    20220423_185643.jpg
    435.3 KB · Views: 17
  • 20220423_192451.jpg
    20220423_192451.jpg
    525.2 KB · Views: 17

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
If I remember right that's the ground for the RABS module. Usually it's grounded to the core support. There's actually supposed to be a ground on each side of the core support right in front of each battery. One is for the RABS, and I don't recall what the other is for.

yotekiller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I remember right that's the ground for the RABS module. Usually it's grounded to the core support. There's actually supposed to be a ground on each side of the core support right in front of each battery. One is for the RABS, and I don't recall what the other is for.
Both of those grounds are intact.. i dble checked both sides.. didn't know if there was a diagram available or not someone may be aware of.

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
AllData has a diagram I could get for you, but all I can get is the ground distribution, it's the only one that shows all the ground points, then I can share a description of what each G point stands for. It's pretty vague...

yotekiller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
AllData has a diagram I could get for you, but all I can get is the ground distribution, it's the only one that shows all the ground points, then I can share a description of what each G point stands for. It's pretty vague...
let me do more looking at that wiring Nero.. im gonna disconnect that ground and see what doe not work... hopefully i do no damage to anything..
if the RABS module is grounded then hard to say what that is for grounded straight to neg. on battery.. im waiting on parts to come in to replace return lines, the caps etc and a new GP harness..

yotekiller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you Steve... greatly appreciated.. been off a few days just getting to check msg's etc..

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rusty trucks often have added ground wires directly to the battery. Your whole core support may not have a good ground. I have seen alternators bolted to the engine not have a good ground. Rust, rust rust.

yotekiller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rusty trucks often have added ground wires directly to the battery. Your whole core support may not have a good ground. I have seen alternators bolted to the engine not have a good ground. Rust, rust rust.
yep i have seen that before good thing this 89 has no rust believe it other than some underside surface.. not had a chance to track that wire or take it loose from the neg. battery terminal to see just exactly what it is grounding..
Thanks Franklin2

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7

Members online