EGT sensor

hoodshauler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone new to the 6.0 world. All my knowledge is with IDI.

Is there A built in EGT sensor or do I need to purchase a Gauge with sensor?

87crewdually

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No factory reading of EGT's on these trucks.
You can pick up a gauge and probe kit and install one yourself. To install you would drill and tap (1/8" NPT) the drivers side manifold near the #8 port. To access lay on your back under the truck and look straight up and you'll see there's plenty of room to work. Drilling and tapping in this location also allows the chips to fall down (wear safety glasses) instead of inside the manifold.
I picked up this one on ebay years ago. It is programmable with an alarm piezo speaker that I added. It came with the probe and was around 100 bucks.

You must be registered for see images attach

Oh, congrats on your migration to the 6.0 world.

hoodshauler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No factory reading of EGT's on these trucks.
You can pick up a gauge and probe kit and install one yourself. To install you would drill and tap (1/8" NPT) the drivers side manifold near the #8 port. To access lay on your back under the truck and look straight up and you'll see there's plenty of room to work. Drilling and tapping in this location also allows the chips to fall down (wear safety glasses) instead of inside the manifold.
I picked up this one on ebay years ago. It is programmable with an alarm piezo speaker that I added. It came with the probe and was around 100 bucks.

You must be registered for see images attach

Oh, congrats on your migration to the 6.0 world.
Thanks for the info. After a lot of research that's what I was thinking but just had to ask. I will be getting one ASAP. I'm old school and like to monitor everything I can. I already have a OBDII device to monitor every thing else.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online