eeerk tic eeerk tic eeerk tic

diesel4me2

Camping is more importanter!
Reaction score
:mad: so my truck developed this sound emenitating from the drivers front,
sounds like bearings, so i replaced them, new pads also. torqued to specs and backed off 1/8 turn. ran great, for a day, now the sound is back. did i miss something? bearings and races were replaced as a set, new seal, packed with grease. oh, it stops when i make a right turn, only to come back when i straighten out. sounds like wheel bearings to me. well i changed them again and guess what, ran great for a day, then came back. checked torque again, still in spec. i'm at a loss. any ideas?
chris

poolguy

Slippery when wet
Reaction score
IMHO if the sound goes away on a right turn, it's in the right wheel.
Good luck,
Chuck

FordGuy100

Reaction score
The same thing has happened to me. Last summer my wheel bearings sounded like they were going out, they were squeking and everything, so I replaced all the bearings (inner, and outer, with new races and everything, packed them with grease), and it went away for about 2 weeks, and then started to come back. Mine only does it when I turn left going below 20mph, and when I hit a big bump. It's starting to **** me off, I'm gonna start looking for a D60 axle to swap in the place of this POS TTB Dana 44HD.

MUDKICKR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
why is the ttb d44hd a pos? i dont understand why so many people down this frt end. i have a d50 ttb in my trk and love it, great in the mud and offroad, handles great onroad but i guess i got the only good one out there, but the noise, i would ck everything including ball joints and tie rod ends. and it might even be spindle bearingsor u-joint,, if those bearings are bad the axleshaft could move enough to make it squeak, but if its not either of those items i would mic the spindle and then mic the bearings to see if there in spec, the bearing could be spinning on the spindle when its in a bind.

forcefed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would go with the U-joint in front axle. Do you have auto locking hubs or manuals. If auto I would be checking those out too??

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
placidoert

Members online