EB blinged out IDI

Shadetreemechanic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well i learned one thing from this thread. When i get my truck done I ain't gonna post pics or maybe I just won't post at all cause according to most of ya it will be a worthless overpriced truck.

It all comes down to the rims. The rims on that black one are definitely screaming " I am a pillow biter who isn't out of the closet yet."

Mr.Diesel

Reaction score
Well i learned one thing from this thread. When i get my truck done I ain't gonna post pics or maybe I just won't post at all cause according to most of ya it will be a worthless overpriced truck.

That's probably a good idea...I believe the generation here, for the most part, is farther up the time line than where the aftermarket industry is aiming right now. And evidentaly some of them also subscribe to the "my way or no way" theory, even if it's some one else's truck that in now way pertains to them...simple truth is MOST people out ther right now actually like 20" rims or bigger, and black is the hottest seller right now. Just look at the manufacturers...HD trucks come stock with 20s, 1/2 tons and SUVS stock with 22s. For having an opionion that is some what in the minority, some people sure have a pretty loud voice... My .02...

yotee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have to agree with some of you guys here that some of you have no taste. i'd rock the **** out of that truck. i also think the pics are deceiving the tires are 40" and the rims are 22". yeah i know it is no 40x15 but small tire it isn't.

i would have gone with nice buckets in front and a 5 speed though

seawalkersee

It needs a turbo...
Reaction score
I actually like the rims...As long as they are on his pick em up.

SWS

Danoflapper

Reaction score
I kinda like that truck, I like my cloth interior a lot more than his vinyl though. That dash pad thing is ugly too. That truck would look great with my 225/75/16s on it haha

Clydesdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would agree with most it is a skoshe too tall.. however it is a dead **** beast.

Have a hard time believing that a NA 7.3 especially when crippled with an E40D.. has powerlike none other, as he would have you believe.

Didn't read too close, but especially if he did not regear... those 40's take his 4.10's (assumption) down to a 3.00 or so (stock was 32" he added 8" of tire, which is 25% reduction, 75% of 4.10 is.....3.0750) then ya add in extra drag for the copious amount of height...

He must really believe in the earth shaking power of an IDI.. to tout it so proudly....

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
That's probably a good idea...I believe the generation here, for the most part, is farther up the time line than where the aftermarket industry is aiming right now.

Heck,I may be an old fart now, but I hated those things when I was in my twentys. I was turning wrenches in a Jeep dealership and I remember we had one Toyota come in as a trade that was lifted like that with a stupid little step like that,( the owner actually tried to take it off pavement one time and got scared to death and decided to trade it in on a stock jeep that would actually get him there in one piece, smart move) and I had to take it out for a test drive to figure out it's multiple suspension and steering problems and it took three guys to help boost me into the blamed thing, then once I got wriggled up into it and made my run, I was wedged in to the overstuffed custom seat, and my legs were so long I couldn't get the door latch, it took even more guys to pull me out of the POS. I was so happy to get that thing done so they could put it out on the lot for some other dumb kid to drool over . I didn't pay any attention to it, but with all the rich daddys in that area, I'm sure it didn't stay on the lot long.

Chevyboy_0

Mr.SunnyDisposition
Reaction score
Heck,I may be an old fart now, but I hated those things when I was in my twentys. I was turning wrenches in a Jeep dealership and I remember we had one Toyota come in as a trade that was lifted like that with a stupid little step like that,( the owner actually tried to take it off pavement one time and got scared to death and decided to trade it in on a stock jeep that would actually get him there in one piece, smart move) and I had to take it out for a test drive to figure out it's multiple suspension and steering problems and it took three guys to help boost me into the blamed thing, then once I got wriggled up into it and made my run, I was wedged in to the overstuffed custom seat, and my legs were so long I couldn't get the door latch, it took even more guys to pull me out of the POS. I was so happy to get that thing done so they could put it out on the lot for some other dumb kid to drool over . I didn't pay any attention to it, but with all the rich daddys in that area, I'm sure it didn't stay on the lot long.

When i was in HS(wow it feels weird to say that) Ther was a guy i played football with whos parents bought him a 05 F-250 6.0L 4x4 with almost 75K of addons on it, Turbo, Tuner, Lift, Exhaust, Injectors, EGR delete, etc, then the intreior was custom Black leather, with a PS2 in the dash and a full cutom stereo etc etc. It was a cool truck dont get me wrong but for a 16 yr olds first vehicle isnt that a bit much? I mean whats it going to teach them for the future?

I mean my first ca was my Chevelle, my parents made me a deal and said you get good grades we will get you the car but you have to buy everything and pay for all the parts you want to put into it. Because of that I take care of it and value you it that much more from all the hardwork i put in to it and the long nights of work.

But buying your kid a 40K truck with 75K of stuf in it just isnt practical

Sorry bout the rant just wanted to get that off my mind

69oiler

I don't feel tardy
Reaction score
not intending to insult anyone's taste, but for me a truck that tall is useless. too tall (impractical) to use for work or towing, and i'm 6'4". i actually don't hate the rims, but the height and the XL trim make it a $6000-$7000 truck in my book. low miles are a plus though.

to each his own. i'm not one to mod my trucks up... so that truck just screams all show, no go, to me. nice for cruising around in though, i guess.

p.s. you are right about the age thing, i'm 35 and feel like i'm right in the middle of the age bracket here.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When i was in HS(wow it feels weird to say that) Ther was a guy i played football with whos parents bought him a 05 F-250 6.0L 4x4 with almost 75K of addons on it, Turbo, Tuner, Lift, Exhaust, Injectors, EGR delete, etc, then the intreior was custom Black leather, with a PS2 in the dash and a full cutom stereo etc etc. It was a cool truck dont get me wrong but for a 16 yr olds first vehicle isnt that a bit much? I mean whats it going to teach them for the future?

I mean my first ca was my Chevelle, my parents made me a deal and said you get good grades we will get you the car but you have to buy everything and pay for all the parts you want to put into it. Because of that I take care of it and value you it that much more from all the hardwork i put in to it and the long nights of work.

But buying your kid a 40K truck with 75K of stuf in it just isnt practical

Sorry bout the rant just wanted to get that off my mind
my first "commuter" HS car was a '73 Buick Century with a 455 v-8.
I learned quite a few things like "there's no replacement like displacement" and "if you drive it like you just stole it, you won't be passing too many gas pumps":eek:

fx4wannabe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree the xl does hurt it. For me these things are toys so practicality doesn't play much of a role. I have a buddy that has a daily driver with 22" lift and 46's. Plenty practical to drive just not great for towing. And it also has to do with the way its built. The way that truck is done with the shackle flip I bet it still rides pretty good too. If he had used the same wheel and tire but used an 18" wheel it would fit better with the look. Either way for what it is a fair asking price IMO. Someone will buy it.

leftcoastjeff

Frankentruck lover
Reaction score
geeze

i gotta agree that is one **** truck :sly

Kids these days, I'll never understand........

Some day you will be saying that too.

Q? Will those rims and tires take the 4 wheeling?

First car out of HS? 62 Falcon stationwagon, motor rebuild then drive and drive.................Loved that truck, err car. Hauled a LOT of PA gear for the local bands. 2 reflex base cabs on top and thousands of watts inside.
Don't think I left more than $5.00 at the gas station at any 1 time, can you say gas sipper?
The only weird thing? A 2 speed auto trans!

Those were the days. (All in the family tune in the background)

LCjeff

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle