E4OD Woes...?

jake6022us

Reaction score
i have a 94 7.3 with trans problems as well...hard shifts when i am getting on it, and seem to be delayed between gears when im on it as well...also a slight shudder when im taking off but i think that may be coming from the rear end (limited slip maybe??)... i am leaking some fuel from somewhere by the fuel pump(not injection pump)...and am also geting random loping at idle or soft throttle...not completely sure what is going on, this is my first diesel and i want to make it all correct very badly...also my OD light flashes only at idle but stops flashing when rolling down the road...any help would be awesome...thanks

AcIdBuRn02ZTS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Probably be a good idea to 1... pull the codes (reason why the od light is flashing).. and 2.. start a new topic pertaining to your problem.

trackspeeder

Stone crusher.
Reaction score
TPS is fixed but no change as far as the wrong gear starts. Thinking about replacing the "neutral safety switch" next as its all that's left besides shift solenoids or internal problems.

Replace the switch. The new part will come as a kit You will end up repining to a new connector. This will update the MLPS (neutral safety switch). The new part is a transmission range sensor. Most parts store will call it a neutral safety switch.:D

Wrong gear starts and the tranny dropping out of gear are the signs of a bad sensor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle