E4OD Problems Continue, what now?

Mr_Roboto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
150 bucks.... Did they send out that special gold plated wrecker?? Or maybe they gave the old "It's 4x4 so we have to send out the flatbed" line.

Phone numbers are on my web page in my signature.....

411 sucks. I spend about $600 / month for yellow page ads and get squat out of it. God help the yellow page rep that needs towed.

Last edited:

firemedicmonkey

Erie Surf and Ski
Reaction score
it must have been gold plated or something, i mean it wasn't even a 4x4, it was just a 2wd 97 f-150, and the worst part about it, is i know the guy, dave who owns the company, and he does all the towing for where i work (lifecare), he was the one doing the towing, and he still stuck it to me. oh well, i got you on speed-dial now

Mont91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On the '90 gasser, it is sitting at the local garage because the motor will not rev up. When the garage man moved it out of his way(after over 6 months) it jumped into reverse while in D crossing the parking area. He has been afraid to work on it because he thinks it might go from P to R while he is under the hood with the motor running. The owner lives a ways away and drinks everything he makes. I am going to stop by and look at it a little better and perhaps make an offer.

Mr_Roboto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it must have been gold plated or something, i mean it wasn't even a 4x4, it was just a 2wd 97 f-150, and the worst part about it, is i know the guy, dave who owns the company, and he does all the towing for where i work (lifecare), he was the one doing the towing, and he still stuck it to me. oh well, i got you on speed-dial now

The only issue I see with it being 2wd is if you were on 57 we'd have to hook to the front, pull it in neutral to get it off the highway and turn it around to tow from the rear to tow into Grafton. I usually charge $10 - $20 extra depending on what is involved with the re-hook. Of course you can get around that if you load it onto a rollback. I prefer the wrecker, I can get into places that a rollback can't.

I just towed a lady from Independance to her house in Elyria. The guy she called before me wanted $75 hook, $75 DROP, and $3 / mile. I swear some people just want to take advantage of unsuspecting customers.

farmerscotty

Reaction score
look out

I am not by no means an expert on the transmission........I can tell you that after 2100 dollars and 2 trips back to the dealer for warranty work on it......I had a remaned unit installed....3 year 75000 mile warranty.

this is by far one of the worst transmission I have heard of....too much electronic control junk..........

take it to a dealer spend the 35.00 diagnostic fee and see if it is worth fixing...if the overdrive light had been blinking for a long time before it was "serviced" it is screwed............I could have spent 1600 got an rebuilt one....but that is just that rebuilt to oem. the reman is up to date as far as it can be. That was why I went with the reman. Never spent 2100 on a part before for a truck........never will again.

Farmerscotty:puke:

Mr_Roboto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I feel ya Farmer. I spent $1200 on a "good used" trans, only to have it fail 3 weeks later. It had obviously been recently "rebuilt" I believe they damaged a ball bearing in installation and the bearing came apart and lunched the trans.

So I went up to the Ford dealer and bit the bullet and got a reman. I just couldn't afford to have my truck down and didn't want to worry about a rebuild lasting.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online