E4OD Checkvalve

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Well, the first posting I did on this went to the netherland.....:dunno Anyway, I konw why that return line from the cooler has a checkvalve in it. Someone asked a few days back. Its there so the torque converter doesn't drain down when the motor is off. That causes a slow startup on a colt start till pressure fills the converter. My new BTS trans doesn't have one...-cuss Seems the information I gave Brian about my current trans has all 3/8 braided stainless steel lines that came from the Jaspers rebuild. His trans didn't have this large supply or return lines because he only herd me state my trucks year of 89. So he sent that year case and it doesn't have the checkvalve because its in the factory 5/16 inch lines.... Which I don't have. So now I'm drilling out the port to 37/64th and tapping it with a 3/8 inch condiuts tap. There is a big differance between pipe threads and electrical coudiut threads. They are all the same pitch but pipe threads are tapered so they seal when you tighten them. Electrical coudiut pipe threads are cut straight and don't tighten up when you screw them together.... This isn't a job for the weak. I need to keep the shavings from entering the trans oil passgae somehow. Probably going to fill the port with heavy grease. Now I'm trying to find the condiut tap. The lady at Grainger really didn't know how or what I wanted. Still looking..... Sometimes it really suxs to be me...:cry: