E40D question

poolguy

Slippery when wet
Reaction score
Hi Guys, it's been a while.
I've got an issue with my 94 CC Dually (in avatar). The truck is fitted with a remote starter, and has been since just after i bought it. I don't know if the remote has anything to do with this or not. I don't drive it very often and the last two times I did, the trans is in protection mode. 1st time I just disconnected the batteries to clear the computer, worked just fine, even drove it the next day and it was fine.
Let it sit for a week, started it today with the remote, and it's blinking again!
Any ideas?

Thanks,
Chuck

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
After you buy that code reader you will be disappointed in it, but if you have a car that is OBD l compliant between 1981 to 1995 then you have an instrument that can do that.
Ford trucks are not OBD l or OBD ll compliant until (IIRC 1998), then you have to have a code reader such as an AutoEnginuity and the Ford enhanced program to go with it, or a similar high priced code reader. There is a way to read the codes, which are very few, by the CEL or use of a volt meter, or a 12 volt light. It is doubtful that what your problem is will show up as a true code to fix it. Codes are reported to the PCM and/or the EEC lV by sensors, If your trans. is going into the "protection mode" as you say, what does it do if you drive it? When you say "Blinking" I assume you are referring to the ON/OFF OD lite on the shift lever, or are you referring to the CEL ? If you have a connection diagram of the remote starter installation, I would check that out for any connections to the PCM. Just a thought, setting for a long period, the batteries may be down but hi enough to start the truck, a long start may drop the voltage low enough to trigger the KAM, which may set a CEL.

finitetime

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Better yet drive it to Autozone/Advance and ask them to test it!!!!! They will read the codes all day long for free as long as you buy the parts from them.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance