Duramax vs IDI

93f250idi

strokin
Reaction score
cant see the vid but if its the one with the red dmax and the 2 tone blueish idi then i was impressed!

Ididriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So 2wd gutless NA idi putting up that good of a fight agaiant a newer 4 door 4x4 chevy with more power?? Go idi:D

Funny reading the comments. Ahhh some people shouldn't be allowed to breed.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
The IDI had that thing , hands down. If teh guy in the cheby hadn't stomped teh brakes , he'd have been drug around like a rag doll . Obviously nobody was paying attention or they'd have drug his cry baby hind end out and made him hang his head in shame. Instead , he rides his brakes until the ford gets his tires slick, then moves him :backoff

Fordsandguns

Fords Rule
Reaction score
The IDI had that thing , hands down. If teh guy in the cheby hadn't stomped teh brakes , he'd have been drug around like a rag doll . Obviously nobody was paying attention or they'd have drug his cry baby hind end out and made him hang his head in shame. Instead , he rides his brakes until the ford gets his tires slick, then moves him :backoff

I saw that too. He starts getting pulled backward and hits the brakes. I bet if the guy in the ford had done that the chevy guy would be calling him out.

Drew2010

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not bad for the ford. Was the chevy in 4x4? also the strap setup helped out the ford also, was loading it up, while pulling the chevys rear up.

And i agree, stomping the brakes is a sally move...

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
I get a kick out of these tug-o-wars. They mean absolutely nothing other than who has more traction.
Like someone who posted about it. The way the chain was hooked gave the FORD the advantage(maybe because the chevy weighed more to begin with?), by pulling down on the ford and UP on the chevy. I dont think the ford was able to move the chevy for than 2 feet

Last edited:

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
I used to do these for competition on Ohio. My old 83 was prety competitive but since I weighed in at 6450 I got put in the light class(6500) so I was against alot of gassers but yea it is only a traction game. I ran my mud country's at 5 psi in the rear and 15 ish in the front. Pulled rear suspension down tight with ratchet straps and left it in 4 low first gear. Most of the time I idled away with them. This was on concrete too. Do a search for Wapak tug a truck on utube

93turbo_animal

Reaction score

I'm not sure what vid you are watching but the ford never had a chance as much as that hurts me to say that its true:puke: watch it again and keep an eye on the brake lights the chevy never hits the brakes till hes already dragging the ford backwards. The ford gets a jump then the chevy takes off starts pulling the ford backwards and then hits the brakes while hes still pulling the ford backwards. Then he sits there and power brakes it for a while and every time he lets off the brakes the ford goes backwards

flareside_thun

Reviving The General Tao
Reaction score
Any way you slice it, hitting the brakes is a ***** move. Of course the Ford got pulled back, cause the Chevy hit the brakes and let the guy in the ford light em up and he got the tires too hot.

flareside_thun

Reviving The General Tao
Reaction score
It also makes em slick. You need just the right amount of wheelspin, too much and you end up like the IDI in the video.