dually conversion questions???

coletrain777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, so I have a 91 F350 dually that I am thinking of robbing the dually setup off of and putting under my 94 F350 SRW. Both rear ends are 4:10 gears so I wouldn't have to re-gear the front of the 94. I was just wondering if I could take the rear out of the 91 and place it directly under the 94 as a straight swap. If it is just R&R I would definitely be interested in doing it, if not, what else needs to be done? Sorry if this seems like a dumb question, I just don't feel like climbing under both trucks right now to take a look.

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If the '91 has a pickup bed on it then the rear axles should swap directly, just remember to buy new U-bolts for their springs.

The front will be interesting tho, if your '91 is a 2wd it will have 2wd dually-specific hubs which cannot be used on the D60 front your '94 has. To make the '94 front dually-compatible you need either D50/D60 dually-specific front hubs, or D50/D60 hub extenders, or Arrowcraft dually adapters (methinks AA4 was the model)... Or you can just leave the factory single wheels there, and carry two spare wheels (one single and one dually), if you carry spares at all that is.

coletrain777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info!
Well I probably wont be doing the swap if the front wheels wont work without the adapters. The whole reason I was going to do the swap was that I like the look of the chrome dually wheels and it has 6 new tires on it. I will probably just part it out and keep my truck a SRW (don't really need a dually).

crashnzuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know how things are in your area, but around here there are guys who will swap dana 60 dually front hubs for dana 60 single wheel hubs. 4x4 guys want single wheel set-ups typically, but there are a lot more dually 60s around than single wheel. You might try craigslist or something to see if anyone is interested in swapping front hubs with you.
Travis..

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
I don't know how things are in your area, but around here there are guys who will swap dana 60 dually front hubs for dana 60 single wheel hubs. 4x4 guys want single wheel set-ups typically, but there are a lot more dually 60s around than single wheel. You might try craigslist or something to see if anyone is interested in swapping front hubs with you.
Travis..

Yup. i get dually D60s all the time. I sell the axle w SRW hubs and then sell the FACTORY dually hubs as well. Just sold a set today, they are on their way to north dakota. typically they are between 100-200

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, see, I think just the other way around - if I could safely do it (and avoid attracting unnecessary attention from the LEOs), I would run dual wheels in the front too! lol

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if i didn't need the duals,i wouldn't have done the conversion.
it's not worth doing for styling due to the loss of 1-1.5mpg alone,not to mention the cost of more tires.
it should be something required,otherwise its really just wasted $ imho.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle