DT360: The beginning

SuperHatch

Reaction score
Hey now, be nice! I've got two engineering degrees and own a business doing LS swaps into Nissans... I kinda have to go all nerdy or I'm just not being me. ;Sweet

I like what you've done here so far. I would be happy to share information on my motor mount design, but it is going to change a bit now since I'm ditching the Eaton and using the Carson adapter plate with the stock ZF6. I'll let you know what I come up with.

By the way, the two piece DT466 balancer is much smaller than the 1 piece balancers. Still not as small as the AG stuff, but given the dynamic rev range of over the road engines versus AG engines, I'd rather have the peace of mind the larger damper provides.

BrandonMag

Dana 50 rebuilder
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for creating an account, SuperHatch! ;Sweet Your input will be most welcome.

Seeing as how you've got a couple of engineering degrees, your comment on the dynamic rev range of these motors makes sense.

What is the depth of the 466 two-piece balancer? The factory 360 balancer was 5" and the ag balancer was 2.75", netting me 2.25" of clearance. I'd like to gain as much room as possible in the front of this engine because I'm running the medium-duty bell housing and transmission, which takes up quite a bit more space than a light-duty adapter plate and tranny.

Last edited:

SuperHatch

Reaction score
Thanks for creating an account, SuperHatch! ;Sweet Your input will be most welcome.

Seeing as how you've got a couple of engineering degrees, your comment on the dynamic rev range of these motors makes sense.

What is the depth of the 466 two-piece balancer? The factory 360 balancer was 5" and the ag balalncer was 2.75", netting me 2.25" of clearance. I'd like to gain as much room as possible in the front of this engine because I'm running the medium-duty bell housing and transmission, which takes up quite a bit more space than a light-duty adapter plate and tranny.

I've had the account for almost a year, you just gave me an excuse to stop trolling. :)

The two piece balancer is about 2.5-3" deep, it's the width of an 8-rib serpentine plus about an inch. The problem is that you need to keep it spaced a small distance from the block to give the belt somewhere to route since the belt runs inside the damper.

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
Haha, the whole reason I build old stuff is to stay away from electronics. I had a 97 powerstroke and that truck was one problem after another. The more wires I eliminate the better. Can't wait to see all these swaps come together.

BrandonMag

Dana 50 rebuilder
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How'd your build come along @BrandonMag? Or is there another thread I missed?

Never-Have-I-Ether
Unfortunately, I gave this project up. I sold the house I had in Vancouver, which had roughly 1,800 sq. ft. of shop space. We moved into a house with a "two car" garage that was really more like a large-ish one car garage. I pulled the Dana 60 out from under the F-350, scrapped the truck and then planned on using that Dana 60 underneath the 1990 4BT-powered Bronco I had (there's a thread on here somewhere about that rig). I got far enough on that 1990 Bronco to pull it all apart, but then we sold the house with the large-ish one car garage seven months after we purchased it (life happens). We ended up living in a fifth wheel for a couple of years, which necessitated selling about 90% of our stuff, so I sold the Bronco. My record on project attempts is 0 for 2, but I'm back in a house with an 1,800 sq. ft. shop (much nicer than the first house), and I know (as much as that is possible) that we won't be moving anywhere for at least five more years. This time around I'll only be taking on projects that I will actually complete (such as the 1988 F-250 and 1993 F-350 in my signature).

Last edited: