Dropping miship tank..... need shopping list

Cowboy_Customs

Rhinestone Cowboy
Reaction score
Im dropping the Midship on my 92 this weekend and I need a shopping list. Going to fix the sending unit pickup, with rubber hose, What size do I need?? and what exactly are the benefits of putting on the T with line running to the front and rear of the tank? Im not going to be doin any incline wheeling so....
I know to use stainless clamps, I am also going to do the filler neck Mod, What is required there? I got my handy dandy sawzall :Sly
I hear about using Diesel grade fuel line, Whats the difference tween regular ol rubber "fuel" line, and Diesel grade line? Ya have to know first that is I walk into Auto Zone or advance auto parts round here there going to look at me like im speeking chinese! Just a good example is one time me n a couple buds went to get a flasher relay for a 01 cummins and the kid asks, (in there standard procedure for the puter :rolleyes: ) Gas or Diesel, Bud says Diesel, and the kid says "OH.. Cummins Powerstroke huh, NICE!" :***: So I need to know the differences unfortunatly. Thanks in advance! When I do this stuff, I'll document, and take pics, N get a write up together, cause I know this is quite common of a question.

:draw

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've not run into any fuel rated rubber lines that didn't work fine with diesel, so I'm not sure on that. If there was one kind that said diesel rated though, I'd probably opt for it just for the piece of mind. Most hose works fine with diesel - for a while. I used some hose that I had laying around that I knew wasn't fuel rated, and it worked on the Bronco temporarily (which is all I needed it for), but I could tell it was definitely getting soft over time. Eventually it would have disolved.

jrisingmoon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The sending unit for my van's midship tank has one 3/8" supply and one 5/16" return. That may have changed for the 92 F-series, though. I looked up the SAE standards when one of 3/8 hoses I bought felt softer than the others. It checked out for low pressure fuel usage for gas or diesel. SAE 30R6 was the rubber rating for the 3/8" line. If you wanted to go fuel-rated, I'd go with 30R7 since it felt stronger to me.

NapaBavarian

Dually driver 6.9
Reaction score
Cowboy_Customs said:
"OH.. Cummins Powerstroke huh, NICE!" :***: ... :draw

I can understand that, sorta, I mean, the guy is probably lucky to make 150% of minimum wage, a truck owner is another story... I was emailing a guy once who had an '88 for sale, he SWORE up and down that it had a Cummings Powerstroke...no, not a typo.

Cowboy_Customs

Rhinestone Cowboy
Reaction score
lol, wow man. Yeah, I understand that he probably makes min. wage, I just have a huge issue that parts stores hire any kid off of the street with out any knowledge between the difference, between a 1978 4 barrell carburated 350 chev. and a say uh, 2006 duramax. ya know? Ive ran into a few good knowledgeable people, n people like that guy, for instance.
But Thanks for the info on the fuel hose guys, It'll make my job a lot easier. If I get to do it at all this weekend now! Damnd people screwed up my paycheck, now I dont get it till MONDAY! -cuss But maybe I can borrow a few bucks, I gotta get er fixed, only the rear pick is any good, n that one is in REAL bad shape, I dont know how much longer it'll last.

Cowboy_Customs

Rhinestone Cowboy
Reaction score
Got the tank out last night, n everything apart, only to find out I need a whole new pickup! some one had problems before, but with the lines comming out of the top of it, n cobed it up with JB weld or somethin. I may have a fix though, just an idea I have. Hopefully it'll work! tank is in good shape fortunatly, but the rear bolt gave me crap so i had to get out the handy dandy sawzall!

Exekiel69

Reaction score
There is a diesel fuel injection hose, I got it at napa when I was doing the holley pump mod on my truck. The one i have comes on 3/8 id size.

Now the T is a good idea so the hose will allways pic up fuel no matter what. Only thing I don't remember is if brass or stainless steel. Anyone?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online