Drop the tank or lift the bed?

sjwelds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And plus, working overhead is no fun at all. Your eyes and mouth become instant funnels for any dirt, rust, fluids, etc. Much better to pull the bed.

madpogue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^^^^ Again, all depends on your situation. Working solo, I'd have to have 2000-foot-long tie-downs and hook them to the clouds, because that's all that's ever above our trucks. Lift the bed and pull the truck out? That puts the truck in the middle of the street. Pulling the bed all sounds good if you have the space, etc. If.... (And the pic in the OP's "newb" thread suggests there might not be a garage, and not much driveway/yard space.)

One thing that would favor the OP pulling the bed is that it's obviously a fairly recent transplant. Which means the bed bolts have been removed at least once, so should be fairly negotiable.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Just a note that has not been mentioned yet bout dropping the rear tank. You will not have enough room when dropping it to reach the suction, return or the electrical on top of the tank. You must cut loose the lines on the frame cross member just in front of the rear tank. Then the tank easily drops down enough to safely reach these fittings.

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i have to vote for lifting the bed.;Really

Attachments

• 24.jpg
    24.jpg
    695.5 KB · Views: 38

ironworker40

NYC Ironworker
Reaction score
I removed my bed. I remove the tailgate first, it makes it lighter. I used 3 people, two in front and one in the center of the rear. Soak bolts with pb blaster for a couple of days, my bolts came right off.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent