Door shells 81-86 and 87-91 door panels should this fit?

junk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went to put my POS drivers door panel on my drivers door in my crewcab project so we could use the pickup this weekend.Anyway the door panel pins don't seem to line up with the door shell. As in some of the holes in the door for the pins appear to be drilled not stamped like on my passenger door. Now the drivers door is not original to my truck and I believe it may be an 81-86 door shell. I removed it from a 87-91 truck though. Also the metal bracket for the arm rest was screwed directly to the door not using nut clips. So my question is: Are the 81-86 door shells interchangeable with the 87-95 or so door shells?

I'm not real interested in changing door shells at this point, but i'll have to see if I can get a good door panel to fit nicely. If not I'll be painting up a new door.

-Jeremy

smolkin

Stuck inside Mobile
Reaction score
I had a set of bricknose panels on '84 doors, they work but a few strategically placed pan-head self-tappers were necessary. I think the armrest support is the same.

smolkin

Stuck inside Mobile
Reaction score
Manual or power windows?

Power, so yeah manual may be different in the position of the handle. I would guess not, as the PW motor and regulator assembly is basically the same from 80-96. The PW switches require some splicing of course.

madpogue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^^^^ The handle's in the same position. I asked because I had one guy told me that with the bricks, the regulator crank sticks out further, to accomodate the panel sticking out more. So if you put a brick panel on a slant door, the handle won't reach the crank. Still fishing for confirmation on that.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828

Staff online