Dock height

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
What would be considered standard dock height?
I have to go pickup a pallet at a place that will only load a truck that is standard dock height, and I need to know if I can run my flatbed up on some ramps enough to get it up to where they'll load the thing.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Thanks all, I just found out that the email that was sent out didn't matter and they do have a ramp and they can load from the side , or even better, I can bring my enclosed car hauler and they can just drive the forklift right in and set it on the floor ;Sweet

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
T.......even better, I can bring my enclosed car hauler and they can just drive the forklift right in and set it on the floor ;Sweet
are you sure your hauler floor can handle the weight of a forklift?
never underestimate the weight of a forklift.....it's alot of weight concentrated in a very small area.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
are you sure your hauler floor can handle the weight of a forklift?
never underestimate the weight of a forklift.....it's alot of weight concentrated in a very small area.

I thought of that . IT's suppose d to be a small forklift, but if it's not, I'll just have them drop the pallets on the tail and I'll winch the pallets in from there.
I bought a couple of used low rise shop lifts I have to go to Dallas to pickup. If theyre both good , I'm going to share the wealth with my brother in law there in TX and we're going to split the lot.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
You were right Calvin, that little forklift was a heavy SOB, It weren't a little one like they said, it was closer to 8 or 10k I'd say It wasn't a little lightweight . Way too much with those tiny wheels. Had to drop them on the ramp and winch them in. Had a good forklift operator so he got them poked in there pretty far before we had to resort to dragging which was nice, those suckers weighed around a thousand pounds each

It's all good, I've got a lift in my driveway now :D ( and my brother in law is chomping at the bit to get some concrete poured in his barn so he can get his setup ) Ended up giving him the better one since it was on the tail, and I sure as heck didnt feel like shuffling those things around.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online