diesel won't start help

mustangmatt89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay so ths is my first time posting here, I have always been it to classic mustang and building motors and racing, but I have a 93 f250 that i have had for 3 years that i started driving when i was 16 when i turned 18 i bought a new mustang gt well a deer ended that about 2 weeks ago and i like not having a payment so i am goign to drive my truck, I hadn't started it in at least 6 months and really hadn't driven it in a year. The batteries were dead and wouldn't hold a charge so i put new ones in, it started for about 30 seconds and then cut out and couldn't get it restarted. I took it to a local sho because I just don't have the time to get it running my self and they said most of the glow plugs were dead, it fired up but rough after that. it would start and sometimes cut out immediatley and then would restart in about 10 seconds and would run fine but then every once in a while would miss when idling at a stop light and just a bit of throttle would stop it. Well yesterday it started and cut off again and then wouldn't start. I had it towed out today and it actually started to get it on the rollback, any ideas?? I am thinking that the fuel system on this 7.3 idi needs a freshen up, like new injectors, pump and o rings any thoughts?? The shop that it is at is a good one but does not usually work on diesels. the truck has 230,000 on it and ran fine before I stoped using it a year ago.

Andylad13

DieselBoy
Reaction score
you could definatly buy those things if you want, but if it ran fine, i would first check the fuel filter. after you replace that, the shutting off thing should stop. then when you get her running, run injector cleaner through her, and also some pump additive for lubrication.

mustangmatt89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It has a new fuel filter on it, and trying to get some new fuel run through it but it wasn't running long enough got it back thursday wouldn't start tuesday

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds to me like youve just got a bunch of old fuel in her that needs to get out one way or another.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance