Diesel to gasser

irhunter

Reaction score
Around here running IDIs are super cheap. I had one for sale and it took about two years to sell it...140k and running well...ended up getting something like 400 bucks for it.

I would find an IDI for it...or, just sell it to someone wanting to drop one Diesel or another into it.

Chemgrad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you want to take a trip south I've got an engine in my garage I'll sell for what I have in it ($500 actually that's a little less) All it needs is the IP pump. If you want to bring yours we can get it running before you take it. I would stick with the diesel if it were me. That 5.8 can be pretty damn thirsty as my Dad can attest. I don't know what kind of rear end you have with your truck. My Dads F-150 was getting circa 10 until we put an AOD in it. It has a 4.10 in it though.

Chemgrad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you want to spend a bit more I have a IDIT that just needs the return line kit (I have it just have put it on) and I'll sell that with the trans which has 10k on it. I'll throw the truck in for free. I'd like to keep one of the two because I want to eventually pick up a F-600 and am planning on swapping out the gasser when I do.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Staff online