Diesel tank?

Bootzz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Idk if I might be looking up the wrong things but can anyone tell me which big rear fuel tank I can use on my 92 f250?
Lmc only offers up to 89 and I might get it and make it fit but I know ppl on here have done this mod.
Lookin to get 30+ gal and the one from lmc is 38. Also would a bronco 32gal fit? What are my options?

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've never done the bronco swap for the rear tank........ but other here have. Surely one of them will be along here shortly with some information for you.

Heath

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I have not done this either but I recall something about loosing the ability to mount the spare under the truck with the big tanks. Can't recall how big the tank the does away with the spare. Something about 38 or 40 comes to mind...:dunno

Bootzz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I found some threads that talked about it and ima just order the 38 gal from lmc and make it fit. I thought there was one that just slid in.
Can anyone enlighten me on what the fuel neck mod is so that I can fill my tank with the pump wtfo?
Do I just add a vent line or is there something else?
I'm going to extend what ever vents to the top of my bed (under the "cat walk" on the side.) wil making that vent bigger fix the problem or is it an actual neck that I have to re make??
Can't find a wright up on it.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Ford did a terrible job inventing the tank fill hoses. Remove the fuel cap and look in. You will see whats appears to be a smaller metal line that the fuel nozzle fits into. Thats only metal for about 3 inches then its a plastic hose into the tank. See that tiny slit in that small metal reducer. Thats where all the air escapes from when filling the tank.. Kinda small so open it up with a chiesel or screwdriver. That will help but not get rid of all the fill problems. What posts you are looking forare called. Harpooning the fuel tanks.. This is removing the tanks and fill pipes. Removing the 1/4 inch rollover valve on the top of the tanks. Fabricating a fitting and running a 1/2 inch hose up near the fill neck about 5 inches down. cutting a hole and welding on a fitting. Somebody did a great job and showed many pics of this job. Also that plastic tube found in the fill neck and the metal baffel or reducer needs to come out. Kinda a tuff job to but several ways to remove it. I braised one fitting to the neck and silver soldered the other one. Make sure you grind away all the galvinized coating before you weld or heat this.. the gas from heating galvanized metal is a deadly gas. At the least you will end up feeling a horrible headache. worst your taking a permanant dirt nap...

Bootzz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok cool and the galvanized I any worried.
I weld and fabricate for a living

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Bootzz. Its great to know you have better than a basic idea about welding especially around galvanized stuff. Also know another item about welding around brakeclen.. That stuff is deadly to if its used to clean something your going to weld. Other cleaners will do just a well and not leave a dry residue on the metal to be welded.

Bootzz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah brake clean will also light!!!!!!!
I use safety solvent usually
Most offshore companies have it an my uncle runs a big offshore shop lol
But it's non flammable but will literally eat paint off to the bare metal. It's string enough to cut the grease and paint to where they just hit it with a water hose when they repaint something usually

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin

Members online