Diesel secret

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Anybody seen this?

One of the departments detectives asked me about this stuff today and what I thought about it.

Comments please.

TLBREWER

Windy B Ranch
Reaction score
Ron

I thought it was here that there was a rather lengthy discusion about this stuff a couple of months ago. Maybe not. I know I've read some rather lengthy discussions about it. In the end, there are few that swear by it, but most look at it as a scam...snake oil. I guess you'll have to form your own opinion. There's some pretty good arguments against it.

Tom

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Ron

I thought it was here that there was a rather lengthy discusion about this stuff a couple of months ago. Maybe not. I know I've read some rather lengthy discussions about it. In the end, there are few that swear by it, but most look at it as a scam...snake oil. I guess you'll have to form your own opinion. There's some pretty good arguments against it.

Tom

Yup, same here.

I've heard what was in it, but dont remember. I do remember hearing that most of the stuff in it would work good as a paint thinner...thats probably not a good thing for our fuel system... Napthaline and Xyl-something stick to my mind.

I never really understood it, where you supposed to mix it with WVO or something? Or just run it straight, or mix it with something else?

I wont use it.

I like to think of it as one of those electric superchargers LOL

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Here is some stuff I copied and pasted from another site:

This is why it cleans out the fuel system (Xylene and Napthelene).... The main two chemicals in most fuel additives that failed the HFRR testing...

Xylene is a excellent paint thinner and solvent. Its used in many cetane boosters and injection cleaners.

Napthalene is also used in fuel anti-gels, injector cleaners, cetane boosters.

Here is more information on fuel chemicals...
http://mopar.mopar1973man.com/2002-d.../chemicals.htm

Here is more information about some common additives... (Compare notes here...)
http://mopar.mopar1973man.com/2002-d.../msds/msds.htm

Both chemicals will greatly reduce the BTU value of the fuel as well as degrade the lubricity of the oil depending on how much of the chemical you used.

Basically I would see as keeping the WVO from turning solid rapidily. (Like bacon grease at room temp). It not going to remove the fatty acids, etc from the WVO. So basically it would still coke up the injectors.

There was a Dodge owner that was running homebre B100 and dumping WVO in his fuel. To this day it's costing him $3,200 bucks to replace all 6 injectors, 1 VP44 and a 1 Lift pump... The WVO turned solid on him in the fuel system and distroyed the pumps... ( I can't help to laugh about it!!!)

GREASE FIRE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There was a Dodge owner that was running homebre B100 and dumping WVO in his fuel. To this day it's costing him $3,200 bucks to replace all 6 injectors, 1 VP44 and a 1 Lift pump... The WVO turned solid on him in the fuel system and distroyed the pumps... ( I can't help to laugh about it!!!)

was it the blend of b100 with wvo that caused it to solidify or what? or did the wvo solidify due to cold weather?

Paul

tractorman86

Reaction score
yea it was me who asked about it a couple months ago. from the sounds of it i think snake oil, but i could be wrong, it seems like justin is up on his chemistry pretty well. also i've never talked to anyone who had any experience with it so if you dont mind dropping some cash to find out i would love to hear from someone that i can trust, not an annonimous person on their website.

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Yup Tom you were right. I guess I needed to search a little farther. :idiot:

Snake oil is what I thought as well. Just some colored thinner.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The other thing is it requires WVO and that's very, very difficult to get these days. At least in my area, all the WVO is bought per gallon by a company that makes Biodiesel.:puke: If is sounds too good to be true, then it usually is.

Heath

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7

Members online