Did some towing this weekend

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
Not bad..... My Ex on stock tires.... is 12-14 towing a 5k trailer, and 15-17 combo driving and have gotten 20+ on a long haul interstate, truck only trip..... so not too bad, with a tall truck, bigger tires, dragging another truck..... so with the trailer and truck, the towed load was what about 8500lbs????

Also, slight hijack...

Are those the wheels/tires and trailer you have in the marketplace???? Or is that the new trailer?

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
Not bad..... My Ex on stock tires.... is 12-14 towing a 5k trailer, and 15-17 combo driving and have gotten 20+ on a long haul interstate, truck only trip..... so not too bad, with a tall truck, bigger tires, dragging another truck..... so with the trailer and truck, the towed load was what about 8500lbs????

Also, slight hijack...

Are those the wheels/tires and trailer you have in the marketplace???? Or is that the new trailer?

That is the "old" trailer.

And the towed truck and trailer I figure was around 11,000

And that was all stock with NO CHIP. Just Air intake and exhaust

wmoguy

Reaction score
Man that 97 is a beauty! Did u have to do body work to get her looking that good or did u manage to find an southern belle?

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
Man that 97 is a beauty! Did u have to do body work to get her looking that good or did u manage to find an southern belle?

Which one? the maroon and silver? It is a rotted out POS. Just goes to show, Do NOT believe pictures.

Needs a bed, fenders and rad support. I have it all, just need the time to do it

wmoguy

Reaction score
Which one? the maroon and silver? It is a rotted out POS. Just goes to show, Do NOT believe pictures.

Needs a bed, fenders and rad support. I have it all, just need the time to do it

sorry my bad. must be my screen, it looks pretty nice from this end. :dunno

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
I can put fingers in both fenders. The rad support is so bad, I dont know how The rad hasnt fallen out and I run it over yet. Both bedsides are blistering and I can poke holes if i want to.

Like I said, dont believe pics

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
Just got back from another trip. This time to NewEngland. 580mile round trip. Up empty w NO TRAILEr got 15.5MPG:rotflmao . Cam back with a 14k 20' deckover trailer getting 11.5MPG

IDIDieselJohn

0-60....eventually
Reaction score
Bad? I thought that was good:confused:

Considering that's a PSD with OD, I don't find that great compared to me getting 11.8mpg on a 650 mile run towing a car with my motorhome. 12,000lbs + 4k lbs (trailer/car + equipement).

And all I have is a non turbo 3 speed 6.9, mind you I was doing 60... dunno how fast you were going.

That's why I run 215/85 tires on all 6 on the camper! :sly

Ididriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mileage seems pretty good to me. Emptys a lil on the low side but you are lifted on some pretty aggressive tires.
And brad. If that truck was as clean as it looks in pictures:love:

86ford69jw

redneck
Reaction score
Maybe Im blind to. I dont see any rust spots. That thing is dam clean. Theres is one like that around here but reverse paint. Nice trucks.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828

Staff online