Dead oil pressure gauge

NapaBavarian

Dually driver 6.9
Reaction score
I havn't had a chance to look at the problem, but are there any common failing points? The truck came this way, with an old cheap and rusted but functional gauge under the dash, now I replaced that with water and oil temp gauges for my WVO system and need my factory gauge to work again!

EvergreenRanch

In Transition
Reaction score
with the time and effort you will go throught to get the factory idiot guage back up and running, why not get a functional aftermarket guage? it'll be more accurate, and will be a fully new "system" rather than trying to chase down 1 problem part. just my .02 id think that would be especially important if ur running wvo. im actually starting to set up my system right now.... any tips? are you using stock tanks, 3 port or 6 port solenoids? heat exchanger? be happy to swap ideas if you PM me. :Sly

Mr_Roboto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's possible that they simply removed the factory sending unit and installed the aftermarket sending unit in its' place. First thing to do is check that. If that is the case, you can tee off the pressure port, and run both gauges.

The factory guages may not be great, but I bet you will notice a pressure loss quicker on that than on a guage under the dash.

NapaBavarian

Dually driver 6.9
Reaction score
There is no place to install an aftermarket gauge, and no need for acuracy, just if there is pressure or not.

As far as a WVO system, I'm using a 40 gallon "transfer-flow" front replacement tank to keep the system under the truck, vormax filter, heated pickup, and hose-in-hose fuel line, I'm just now geting it in the truck, but feel free to PM any time.

Mr_Roboto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't catch that you pulled the aftermarket gauges. But same thing, they probably removed the OEM sender to install the aftermarket sender. Pick up a new one, hook up the wire and see if it works.