D50 from 1988 F250 4x4

MeanGreen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a Dana 50 that had new ball joints and tie rod ends attached when I removed it for a D60 install. It is complete minus hubs/rotors and spindles. It has both drive axles with fairly new u-joints in them. It has the 3.55 gears. Axle is located in Virginia. Make me an offer. If I don't sell it soon, it is going to the metal scrap yard. I know the 50 isn't as good as a 60, but I figure somebody might need one as a replacement.
Let me know by PMing me,
Thanks,
Jerry

k_williams1982

'01 Excursion 4x4
Reaction score
I'd like to have it to change out from my 4.11 running gear, but getting it to Oregon would be almost impossible for me to afford right now.

MeanGreen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I imagine shpping would be crazy. If no one here wants it, I would be willing to remove the carrier and pinion for you and ship that to you. Not sure if there was a carrier change between the 3.55's and 4.11's. If not then I could just send the ring and pinion.
Jerry

k_williams1982

'01 Excursion 4x4
Reaction score
Yeah, I imagine shpping would be crazy. If no one here wants it, I would be willing to remove the carrier and pinion for you and ship that to you. Not sure if there was a carrier change between the 3.55's and 4.11's. If not then I could just send the ring and pinion.
Jerry

I don't think there was a change in the carrier, but I'm not sure. I just sold the Sterling 10.25 that I had, which had my 3.55 gears for the rear end. I might just hold off on a gear change right now until I see how the truck does after a ZF5 install later this summer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online