Cummins WMO users

Boost_Happy

Reaction score
Just wondering who on here is running waste oil in there cummins, what setup you have on your truck and what blends have been most successful for you. Im starting to get back in to the wmo thing and wanna key into what everyone else is doing before i setup my next truck. I have a pretty sufisticated filtering setup so i think that parts good. I have an 01 cummins and plan to start with 50/50 diesel/oil to start with then may plumb in my second tank and heat exchanger later on down the road along with a possible p-pump swap..... And go.......

gearhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive been running some WMO in my 94 cummins.In the winter it likes 50/50 or there abouts with no preheat.It runs slightly quieter and seems to have power.Once it warms up Ill see how it likes thicker blends.My 89 cummins was harder to start in the cold and was massively quieter running WMO.Although in the summer it could run 75% oil before it would smoke.

my oil is cleaned by a simplecentrifuge style centrifuge.

wmoguy

Reaction score
Just wondering who on here is running waste oil in there cummins, what setup you have on your truck and what blends have been most successful for you. Im starting to get back in to the wmo thing and wanna key into what everyone else is doing before i setup my next truck. I have a pretty sufisticated filtering setup so i think that parts good. I have an 01 cummins and plan to start with 50/50 diesel/oil to start with then may plumb in my second tank and heat exchanger later on down the road along with a possible p-pump swap..... And go.......

I think it will work. I turned on a buddies neighbor to WMO but his is a 97 12valve, and his LOVES it. As I'm sure you are aware, those VP44 pumps are very finicky. My best guesstimate is that as long as you can get your fuel viscosity as close to that of diesel, you'll be fine with it. Do you have a fuel pressure guage? If not, I'd suggest getting one, as well as doing one of the lift pump mods, as the stock lift pumps on those are barely durable enough to get by on Diesel.

Boost_Happy

Reaction score
I think it will work. I turned on a buddies neighbor to WMO but his is a 97 12valve, and his LOVES it. As I'm sure you are aware, those VP44 pumps are very finicky. My best guesstimate is that as long as you can get your fuel viscosity as close to that of diesel, you'll be fine with it. Do you have a fuel pressure guage? If not, I'd suggest getting one, as well as doing one of the lift pump mods, as the stock lift pumps on those are barely durable enough to get by on Diesel.

I miss my 12 valve. It loved it too. My common rail didnt. But yes i just put a fuel pressure gauge on in and plan to do a raptor liftpump on shortly, they make a nice one that mounts in the stock location for 300. I just finished up 50 gallons of atf/screw compressor oil/ motor oil mixed with a few gallons of rug and its pretty damn thin so ill throw it in at about 50/50 with diesel and see what happens

I really like reading your stuff. I need to get some pics up of my filtering setup, think youll be impressed.

Last edited:

Boost_Happy

Reaction score
Yeah idk if i would even take a chance on a 6.7 even without the dpf... for one injectors are $400 a piece and are very picky about fuel. I lost a set of injectors in my 05 and im leaning to the idea that it was caused by wmo... i had a fg 2 micron filter before the ip too. The stock filters arent good enough even for diesel on the common rail. Most shops will say your lucky if you make it past 150k without doing injectors. Thats why im back with the old school trucks, injectors are $400. For a set :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
placidoert

Members online