Cross Country In Flagstaff AZ

dave85

Reaction score
wandering, yes.....

desert, no. I go back onthe 16th or 18th. I am rehabbing a house to put up for sale in Yucca Valley.
Plus, it has a garage I can get the front end in so I can start to "duct tape' my ride.
dave

Mikes91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
DeeseSR said:
I've made it to Flagstaff AZ. This cross country has put a hurting on my truck. Once I get into Ca I'll be looking to get a 7.3 that I can rebuild while i drive my truck. Any one got a rebuildable one laying around. Thanks.

Flagstaff was where my truck started noticing things, to put it nicely, when we were pulling a car and some household gear from back east to California last year.

Had the temp gauge flick on a couple times. Made it all the way to 10% grade marked, "No trucks over 8000 GVWR" at DLI in Monterey before I melted the fuel heater. :) Our destination. :) Stopped at the guard shack with white smoke out the tailpipe and a coughing engine, but made it to the parking lot, cooled her off, and shut her down.

A new fuel heater and fuel filter and the truck was good as new.

These hills out west are no joke.

I'll sell you my whole truck for $4000 if you're coming to Monterey. :thumbsup: Not a bad deal for what it has had done to it.