credit card

rancherman84

P.E.R.F.E.C.T!
Reaction score
well the alternator took a crap on the ride home,(get it no charge:D )looks original but i doubt it.
anyway i'll have to test it tommorow and and get one coming
anybody have bad experience with a certain kind,what is the stock amperage for my alt.if its not above 100 amps i'm going to upgrade since i run the plow.
might be stuck drivin the company dodge van gas sucker for a couple of days :eek: :puke:

Last edited:

wwwabbit

Mmmmm Diesel
Reaction score
Check the wires that goto the regulator, that is where mine failed, wire broke in the plug on the regulator.

Also, for the fun of it http://members.shaw.ca/milton/weld/weldunater.htm
That is a buddy of mine (who helped me with the injection stuff on my truck) anyway, he is going to build me up one... but they are not hard to do with a little time and some parts.

RKOCH

Fellow Oil Burner
Reaction score
I bought a 160 amp leece nevile for $186 and that has been the ticket as I run my camper with it too.

NapaBavarian

Dually driver 6.9
Reaction score
I understand your pain :( I must drive a company dodge van propane sucker, but I alwas ask the boss if I can drive the Chevy crew cab dually gas sucker instead LOL

rancherman84

P.E.R.F.E.C.T!
Reaction score
well i WAS happy got the old girl charging again,but on the way to return the core i blew a rear brake line and ran a red light :eek: :mad: now i'm back to the dodge van gas sucker -cuss.guess i know what i'm doing this satarday.
sometimes this truck makes me :frustrate