idi reliability HELP! --warning ... long crazy story

88fordidi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like you've fought most of the demons that come from sitting! I would stick with her..

Things to keep on board:

Injector return line kit ($30.. you never know when they will spring a leak and air intrusion can be impossible in colder months)
A spare starter (or keep a lifetime guaranteed one from a national chain-store like O'reilly's on it)
Spare lift pump (as you found out.. alternatives are to block it off and use an electric one.. easier to change, and only $60 to keep a spare on of those with you)
Fuel Filter (never know when it may get stopped up from bad fuel... being on the road means uncertain fuel quality)
Air Filter (really should never be a problem... but sometimes you can't tell how bad of shape they are in and it can even suck a hole in one)
Spare tire (self-explanatory)
Belts (always keep spare belts with any non-serpentine engine)
Headlights (or just upgrade to LEDs)
Miscellaneous Fluids
Air Chuck for tires (makes bleeding air out of fuel system a dream)
Spare Solenoids (both your ignition and your glowplugs rely on the same style.. keep a spare)

I know that sounds like a lot, but I would recommend most of that stuff for ANY vehicle that you will be traveling across the country with.. Also, if you haven't already, get some SCA additive for your coolant.. I use Wix-Cool. The worst is behind you, she should make a nice vehicle for you from here on out!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online