Could any of you guys see yourselves driving this...

johnboggs21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
theirs one of those running around here, thing is in ROUGH shape, but it aint quite died yet lol. Im just waiting for the guy to sell it to some punk kid thatll throw a set of 12 inch stacks on it and think he's cool LOL

7.3n/anut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Absolutely! Them things are bad ass and ya just can't kill em!

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, considering the only reason I'm driving a 1-ton dually as a daily and not an F600 is cause I can't afford the registration and insurance on the medium-duty, no I don't think I can see myself driving one of those - I just don't like small vehicles, that's all. They are pretty darn neat tho, and you really can't argue with the fuel economy they get... Same with those 'lil Isuzu diesel pickups from the '80s.

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yah, no kidding - but then again that's why they ain't anywhere near as a cheap as our IDIs to obtain used...

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The aforementioned VW Rabbit gets 63 MPG.....laugh and mock it if you want....
What he said! They may not be the heavy-haul pickup trucks that we run, but for small jobs and as an every day commuter, they're great! Back in 2002, I looked long and hard at getting a VW from that era...I went to Mercedes instead mainly because I was worried about buying a 25+ year old vehicle with an aluminum cylinder head, a timing belt, and an unknown maintenance/abuse history. With that said, someone once said that the most efficient engine brake for a VW diesel was to turn the air conditioning on :rotflmao

It'll be a while before I'm in a financial position to pull the trigger, but I still want a new Jetta Sportwagen when finances allow...I love my truck, but she isn't the best commuter vehicle...

Dave7.3

Diesel ******
Reaction score
I actually was looking at possibly putting a VW diesel from that era in a Ford Ranger...but I found that was going to be fairly expensive...and almost lower in power compared to the factory Ford Ranger diesels anyway. :puke:

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was looking at one of those Vw caddy pickups to put my 1
6 Turbo diesel motor into from my 84 Jetta.

It'strue that turning on the ac does slow it down a bit but only until u put your foot into a bit more. I was getting 43 mpg with my foot buried to the floor. O think my 60 hp 2.6 wa faster than mt 90 hp tdi lol.

Fun motors just a pain to work on.

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ya well 50 mpg id drive it and they rnt bad i know a guy who has one and a 250 gasser the 250 barely sees any use cause that thing will move most normal pickup stuff like a couch or smal tree etc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RustyNail351

Members online