Coolant problem tonite

Mont91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do believe that Ford used an IVR from the early 80s to the mid 90s at least. That is why all ford oil and temp guages have a normal range instead of numbers. Even my '97 Aerostar uses one. This is why the oil pressure guage can change readings even though it is run by an on/off switch and why the temp guage can run in differant places at the same actual engine temp. A while ago someone was trying to pin down where on the circut board it was located. My '84 Ranger has one.

sassyrel

Reaction score
if you pull out your dash gauges--on the back side--is a piece with two posts like a 9v battery--thats your ivr--and one screw holds it to the gauge cluster--

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
I wonder if that could be the culprit then. My oil pressure gauge hasn't been working either. I put a new sender on & it just pegs the needle as soon as the truck starts. I does return to below the N when the key is off though. Still think aftermarket is a good Idea though.

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
apextrans said:
Still think aftermarket is a good Idea though.

My gauges work now that I grounded the cab and such. I still hardly look at them. I have the important stuff on a three gauge pillar, digital Volt, Water Temp and Oil pressure. I wouldn't rely on the ones in the dash at all.

Attachments

• 3 gauge pod 2.jpg
    3 gauge pod 2.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 7

Exekiel69

Reaction score
I would replace the tstat. Now you don't need to remove the fuel filter support nor the fan shroud, just loose the pillar a bit and you can get it in and out. make sure you don't blocate the little metal ball with gasket maker.