compression tester

GenLightening

Yeah, it's a CHEVY!
Reaction score
I picked up a kit from there and, on mine, I had to modify the adapter because it was too long. Bring a spare glowplug to compare it. Other than that it works good.

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
yea i works, i had to modify an adapter to. the one they have dousent work right. i wouldent trust it for shop use but it gave me numbers before it quit. the pressure relief valve went first time using mine.

Cheaper Jeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought this one and none of the glowplug adapters would fit. The diameter of the "stem" is bigger than the diameter of the hot end of a glowplug, so it wouldn't drop in far enough for the threads to engage.

I didn't want to modify any of the parts, and it just so happens that the hole in the top of their injector adapters is the same diameter and thread as the glowplugs. So I just used the little nipple that is meant to be screwed into the injector adapters that come with the kit, and screwed the nipple directly into the glowplug holes in my engine heads.

Kind of a pain to get the hose from the guage snapped onto the nipple once it is screwed into the head, but it is do-able, and works just fine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin

Members online