Clutch Mod For Sale?

Camarogenius

Reaction score
I'm just thinking out loud here. Since I have the drill press and all the bits and taps needed, and since I can save alittle bit by buying the peices in bulk, Would y'all be willing to buy the heim joint, already drilled and tapped, along with all the required grade 8 hardware for about 15 bucks or less? or is the couple bucks worth it for y'all to do that yourselves?
I'd have to sell enough of them to pay for an advertizing banner on the site and stuff, so I'd have to sell a few of them,just hunting opinions.

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For $15, I'd think seriously about it...I'm not sure how expensive the individual parts are, but without ready access to a drill press, getting a "ready-to-go" kit sounds quite appealing. :)

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Tis a free country. There was a guy on evilbay selling the same thing for $40.00 and people were eating them up. cookoo
My total cost was under 10 bucks.
Only problem is that there is more work in preparing the linkage than there was actual work time at prepping the joint for assembly. I thought about doing the same thing, but as easy as it was to do it, I felt the need to share it for all to do. cookoo

What are brothers for right? ;Sweet

My $.02

Camarogenius

Reaction score
That's why I'm not threatening to sell them for 40 bucks. I don't want to rob anyone, but if I can make Cig money and help people at the same time.....

SIKPUP

Reaction score
Good idea ! The only problem I see is , When you need it you need it NOW ! I got lucky with a friend having a 89 rollback he's going to put a powerstroke / auto in , so I took the clutch m/c metal rod out of it and shortened it about a 1/4 inch ( the size of the larger retaining ball on the end ) to fit my 93 that had the (broken) plastic ring on the end. Now when the metal rod end wears out I can do the heim joint mod. The older style rod is held in with a retainer clip and my 93 rod just fell out after everything was disconnected. The safety switch is the same in both trucks , so the older rod still activates the switch.

Cost $o.oo Time lost : overnight.

Mike :D

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
just as word of caution. the MC's in the '89 and the '93 are not interchangable. the mounting bolts are different. clutch rod will work tho. Also, if you can figure how to detach the rod from the clutch master, the all metal replacements are avail at a competent auto parts store in the "motormite" rack.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online